App that measures resource use of other apps

newark_b

Reaction score
What is the best app for looking at other apps and how much memory (not storage) they use up. For instance, I want to compare three SMS apps: Handcent, GO SMS, and Chomp SMS. Is there a really good app that will let me see which one uses more RAM, battery life, etc?

piquat

Reaction score
What is the best app for looking at other apps and how much memory (not storage) they use up. For instance, I want to compare three SMS apps: Handcent, GO SMS, and Chomp SMS. Is there a really good app that will let me see which one uses more RAM, battery life, etc?

How about SystemPanelLite Task Manager?

It would only tell you the memory part of what you're interested in though.

Natey2

Reaction score

Just installed it. Very nice app!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

piquat

Reaction score

Just installed it. Very nice app!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I trying the one that you posted. Seems to have a lot more information in it. Still no battery use/application, but there's some really interesting information in there.

Thanks.

OP
N

newark_b

Reaction score
Awesome recommendations! I've been testing them for a few minutes and so far I'm liking SystemPanel Lite a tad bit better since it shows both Resident and Shared memory. The only thing I don't like is that I can't figure out how to sort the list of apps by memory usage. Both great apps though, thanks a lot.