Apex 2.0

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop by and express how impressed I am with this rom. It really blows Liberty and ZS out of the water. Even ay stock clock, it flyswatter. Being me, I still overclocked it to 1.25ghz and battery still lasts me all day. I have no random reboots, which plagued me with Liberty and ZS. I'm not trashing any rom here, I'm simply thanking Fabolous for making me fall in love with my Droid X again... he must work for Skynet...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

networkproblems

Reaction score
I'm loving it too. Running rc2 but replaced battery icons with stock. 70 percent after 15 hours on bh6x battery

ae627943-3da4-a02a.jpg

ae627943-3dd1-62e4.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
F

fabricred

could you walk through what you did to get that stock icon if its not too much trouble?

thanks in advance!

networkproblems

Reaction score
Apex 2.0 RC2 Stock Battery Icons Flashable

I'm no expert themer, I just edited /system/framework/framework-res.apk from Fabolous_ApeX_2-0_REVOlution.zip. Use the tutorial below to make your own, or flash this in clockwork:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O48WFMVC

Tut for swapping out icons in framework:

1. Extract /system/framework/framework-res.apk from the theme/ROM you want battery icons from. I used CM4DX nightly 7 to get stock icons.

2. Using 7zip or winrar, open the /system/framework/framework-res.apk that you want to edit. You may have to extract the ROM to get to it.

3. Copy all of the PNGs (not XMLs!) that start with "stat_sys_battery_" from the extracted "framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/" to the destination APK's 7zip/winrar window using the same path within the APK.

4. Move this newly edited framework-res.apk to your phone's /system/framework/ using Root Explorer or something.

5. Reboot