ANyway to return to native 'blur' homescreen from LauncherPro

CheathamHill

Reaction score
I have the LauncherPro Plus I paid for and I like it a lot..but I wanted to get back to the native home screen/them/whatever it's called in order to clean it up so all that junk isn't running behind the LauncherPro...is there a way to return to that without deleting LauncherPro Plus and then reinstalling since Im not sure that the key they sent me when I bought the full version will work if I delete the entire app then try to reinstall...also it would be odd to me that there isn't a way to toggle back to the native settings/homescreen without deleting the app
thanks

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I have the LauncherPro Plus I paid for and I like it a lot..but I wanted to get back to the native home screen/them/whatever it's called in order to clean it up so all that junk isn't running behind the LauncherPro...is there a way to return to that without deleting LauncherPro Plus and then reinstalling since Im not sure that the key they sent me when I bought the full version will work if I delete the entire app then try to reinstall...also it would be odd to me that there isn't a way to toggle back to the native settings/homescreen without deleting the app
thanks

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>LauncherPro and hit the "Defaults" button and it will release it. Then hit the Home button and you should get the menu to choose from LP and the original stock home launcher.

I'm assuming the menus in D2 are similar to D1.......

BTW, the key LP gave you should always work, even if you uninstall and reinstall over and over. Second, you shouldn't have to uninstall it to get back to the home launcher.

Last edited:
OP
C

CheathamHill

Reaction score
thanks

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>LauncherPro and hit the "Defaults" button and it will release it. Then hit the Home button and you should get the menu to choose from LP and the original stock home launcher.

I'm assuming the menus in D2 are similar to D1.......

BTW, the key LP gave you should always work, even if you uninstall and reinstall over and over. Second, you shouldn't have to uninstall it to get back to the home launcher.

Thanks for your quick reply..unfortunately there is no 'defaults' button under launcherpro in the manage apps section :icon_eek:

There is a "clear defaults" but it is greyed out and won't let me choose it..nor do I know if this is what you are talking about

Last edited:

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Clear Defaults IS what I was speaking of. Not sure why it's greyed out. What happens when you hit the Home button, nothing? Also, you don't have Quickdesk or Powerstrip installed do you?

OP
C

CheathamHill

Reaction score
Clear Defaults IS what I was speaking of. Not sure why it's greyed out. What happens when you hit the Home button, nothing? Also, you don't have Quickdesk or Powerstrip installed do you?

When I hit the home button from the main screen it just gives me all my home pages to choose from (in launcher pro)

I don't have either of the programs installed you listed above..I wanted to install home switcher but it does not work in 2.2

jdon285

Reaction score
I wanted to do the same thing and had the same issue. I backed up LP in preferences uninstalled . Then reinstalled lp. Worked perfectly just had to redo Widgets. Not sure why defaults is greyed out but it is.

modified

Reaction score
There is a fantastic app called "Clear Defaults" available on the market. It should fix your problems.

benner

Reaction score
I run Home Swithcer. It lets you simply switch between which you want. Lieteally hit the app and up comes the option to launch whichever one I want as well as set as default

harrellj

Reaction score
Alternatively, there's a fantastic app called home switcher which is good for this situation.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

CheathamHill

Reaction score
as stated in my initial post 'Home switcher' does not work on 2.2

I will check out the other one mentioned

OP
C

CheathamHill

Reaction score
it appears neither home switcher or clear defaults works on droid2/2.2

sigh...again

harrellj

Reaction score
Weird, maybe its because I'm rooted, but I've had no problems with home switcher.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

CheathamHill

Reaction score
Just installed Home Switcher, even though it 'says' it doesn't work on froyo..HOWEVER, it appears it works just fine ...whew..I was able to go back to the stock blur and delete all the widgets running underneath the launcherpro screens..hopefully this improves battery life and performance as I am still only getting around 5-6 hours tops on a full charge