Anyway to remove some of the pre-installed apps without rooting?

jacobbones

Reaction score
Like title says, anyway to get rid of some of the pre-installed apps on a stock phone?

I cant figure out how to, is freezing with task killer the option I need?

GVLBob

Reaction score
Like title says, anyway to get rid of some of the pre-installed apps on a stock phone?

I cant figure out how to, is freezing with task killer the option I need?
Di you want to "disable" the pre-installed apps? That will essentially freeze the app, but won't remove the app from your phone.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Disabling the apps that can be disabled is a good idea, and certainly will help if the issue is trying to maintain optimal performance. But without root you want really going to be able to uninstall them.

If it's a performance issue, I started out by getting rid of all of the active widgets that were on all screens that my S4 came with. It saves a lot of battery also.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Don't delete any factory apps, as it could cause problems on future updates. If un-rooted just disable the app through Settings -> Manage Apps. If rooted you can use Titanium to Freeze the app. If you do either, they will not be listed in the app drawer or active.

OP
J

jacobbones

Reaction score
Thanks Ill have to go and disable them then.

I was just playing around and noticed alot of them using memory and running and I will never half the apps it came with.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Solution 1: Root
The only way to remove these third-party apps would be to root your Android device and receive the Super User status.

Solution 2: Task Killers
Removing a widget: any of these which are displayed on the homescreen can be easily removed by tapping and holding the shortcut of the widget and drop it into the recycle bin.

Removing Apps: Any other application that you might want to “remove” requires the installation of a third-party app called Advanced Task Killer, which can be installed from Google Play. These types of apps will ''kill'' the process from running on your phone and auto-kill the app from starting (booting).

Once you've done this, the app will only be seen in the app drawer, however you reverse the process by going into the settings of your Task killer.

Just because you've ''killed'' the app, it will still take up storage however it won't use any resources.

If the app isn't protected, it can easily be uninstalled with an Uninstaller app.

Welcome to the Forum.
Excellent post. Thanks for sharing.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can also disable some apps when you press the menu button when in the app drawer.