Anyone tried this waterproof skin......

Jake Benson

Reaction score
Here is a review from Amazon:

IOttie Waterproof Covers
What a terrible product and a complete waste of money. It is not made to be able to recharge the phone and the company states you may only replace the skin twice. The pack comes with 2 skins so it isn't even a week's supply. Terrible product. They don't tell you in advance that the phone can't be recharged. Why not?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I don't think I would trust anything said to be "waterproof" that only cost $14.99, at least not with my phone.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Here is a review from Amazon:

IOttie Waterproof Covers
What a terrible product and a complete waste of money. It is not made to be able to recharge the phone and the company states you may only replace the skin twice. The pack comes with 2 skins so it isn't even a week's supply. Terrible product. They don't tell you in advance that the phone can't be recharged. Why not?

I would think that it would be obvious that you cant charge the phone while it is in a waterproof case. Otherwise the water would flow into the same hole as the cable. Likewise you cant use headphones, unless it has a specially designated port built in like some of the waterproof bags do. However once they come out with the wireless charging for this phone(maybe they have) i should think that you could keep this case on and charge it no problem.
I think this looks really cool for a day on the lake or at the beach. It was very nerve-racking taking my phone into the surf to take pictures of my son boogey-boarding. If i had seen this before i went to the beach i would definitely have tried it out. But I wouldn't go diving with it or anything. It looks cool, definitely better than the waterproof case i used, A Ziplock Bag.