Anyone still running the stock OS 2.2.2 and liking it better than the updates?

mypalOtis

Reaction score
I played with an X2 in the verizon store and it was so much smoother than my phone and the widgets and look was waaaaaay different than mine and I liked it better. The rep claimed it was running the latest software but I checked and it was 2.2.2. Is there anyone who has never updated and is very happy or anyone who updated and switched back?

densetsu86

Reaction score
There where so few dx2 running froyo without any problems so I think a majority of people did not like it.

Me I could not stand it. My phone had so many problems on froyo it was nit even funny.

Random reboots, constant music skipping, bunch of lag, unresponsive keyboard, bad battery life.

Running 2.3.4 and overall so much better experience. Not one random reboot (although I haven't had one since 2.3.3) still some music skipping issues but its basically like I'm using poweramp with high buffer when in using stock music player (although a new problem a rised that I wasn't aware of the repeat is completely broken). I can get 12 hrs out of my phone easily (60% after 12 hrs) and almost 3 whole days off charged if I'm not using it (on froyo and 2.3.3 that was impossible). Keyboard is better but still has issues.

I'm just enjoying 2.3.4 it's so much better for me then froyo ever was. And I'm just rooted with v6 supercharger, v6noop on blur. Haven't even put on a custom rom nor have I froze any bloatware. And I don't have as much lag.

But if froyo is working for you then there is no need to ruin a good thing. I doubt I'd be putting a custom rom on this thing now since I'm not having any problems that make me hate this phone other then my 3g but that's Verizon being crappy in my area.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums