Anyone having texting problems with Dinc2?

gtmac

Reaction score
I was at the local Verizon store and two of their sales reps (one a manager) were having their Dinc2's lockup randomly while texting. This didn't happen all the time and they usually could complete their text at some point (I'm not sure what they did to do that). It was happening so frequently for the manager that she dropped the Dinc2 and is now using an iPhone 4.

I've not heard of this before. Is anyone having this or a similar problem with texting?

anguish

Reaction score
None here. I do sometimes tap on a conversation with one person and wind up in a conversation with another person though...despite being at opposite ends of the list.

xashaffer

Reaction score
None here. I do sometimes tap on a conversation with one person and wind up in a conversation with another person though...despite being at opposite ends of the list.

I have the Thunderbolt and before that I had the DINC 1. On both I had the same thing where you tap on one persons text and it randomly pulls up another but I've never had it lock up on me. I think our issue is something in HTC Sense because I've only heard of it happening on HTC Android phones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I was at the local Verizon store and two of their sales reps (one a manager) were having their Dinc2's lockup randomly while texting. This didn't happen all the time and they usually could complete their text at some point (I'm not sure what they did to do that). It was happening so frequently for the manager that she dropped the Dinc2 and is now using an iPhone 4.

I've not heard of this before. Is anyone having this or a similar problem with texting?

I did every so often but I uninstalled FlexT9 keyboard and it's been fine since.

IronFox

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-2/153444-stock-messaging-app-slows-crawl.html

amcilquham2114

Reaction score
Text Messaging App=Crap

I got the Incredible 2 about 2 months ago. It worked fine at the beginning, and now the text messaging doesn't work well. The stock app is sooo horrible. I wait minutes for the messages to load, and when they finally do, it locks up and I have to exit it, go into another app, then kill it, and then back into messaging before it works again. Anyone else have this problem? Any conjectures on how to fix it? It's driving me crazy!

bik2101

Reaction score
use another messaging app. goSMS, handcent and chompSMS are all pretty popular. i myself use goSMS.

stinkyjak

Reaction score
I am having this issues as described by the OP. Text input worked well at first and then later hangs. This is for any text input, SMS, Web browser search... anywhere you would use a keyboard for text. I have tried installing other keyboards, Gingerbread, Swype, TSwype... Some times it works and other times it is as if you are not typing anything even though the buttons visually show you are. The word guessing doesn't register the text you are typing while the problem is present.

This is an issue for me and I would love to know if there is a fix.

leointhesun

Reaction score
I am having this issues as described by the OP. Text input worked well at first and then later hangs. This is for any text input, SMS, Web browser search... anywhere you would use a keyboard for text. I have tried installing other keyboards, Gingerbread, Swype, TSwype... Some times it works and other times it is as if you are not typing anything even though the buttons visually show you are. The word guessing doesn't register the text you are typing while the problem is present.

This is an issue for me and I would love to know if there is a fix.

So...this EXACT thing is happening to me too..i notice it happens more frequently if i am in the middle of typing a text, then i pause long enough for the screen to lock, then, after i unlock it, i type blanks! its super annoying, and it happens with handscent, and the factory sms app..and also i tried the better keyboard app and the factory keyboard app.

HELP! ITS SUPER ANNOYING!

baddawg83

Reaction score
I started having this same problem on my droid2 last night. As did my daughter on her ally. What is atk? Her phone has never been messed with so I know that it has nothing to do with it being rooted. Ok, I searched to see what ATK is and I don't have one.