Any way to turn off docking? 3.1.1

Nosey

Reaction score
I got a new belt holster for my droid, it has a flap with a magnet and almost everytime I pull the phone out it goes into car docking mode, is there anyway to turn this off? I looked to uninstall and in settings it won't let you

WillFCDroid

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my original droid and was never able to find a suitable solution with any holster containing magnets. You could try one with velcro or get the plastic Droid 2 holster where the phone just snaps in. Thats what I use and it's great for me. Works for Droid 1 and 2.

Or use root explorer to remove the apk. I wouldn't delete it to be safe, but you could cut and paste it to your sd card. On my phone (UD 2.5) the files are system/app/CarHomeGoogle.apk and system/app/CarHomeLauncher.apk. If you use root explorer, when you navigate to system/app, hit the Mount R/W (read/write) button on the upper right before you move/delete the files, then remount that directory to r/o (read only) before you close root explorer.

You can also use Titanium Backup to uninstall the app, but I would rather have the files backup up on my sd card.

D

dankarlinski

I second the above idea

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)