1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Answering calls: slider and button

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by DRMMR02, Sep 7, 2010.

1. DRMMR02

DRMMR02 New Member

I have a Droid X that is running the leaked 2.2 OS. Whenever I get incoming phone calls, sometimes I get the two rectangle Answer and Ignore buttons. Other times I get the two sliders, similar to the unlock screen sliders. I'm guessing this isn't normal. Is this just a glitch in the leaked 2.2 or is there an actual reason why both types of Answer/Ignore controls should be on my phone, and seemingly randomly switching between the two?
  2. idiotekniQues

idiotekniQues New Member

it happens to both our x's.

most of the time we just get the buttons. here and there we get the slide option. i think it's the motorola crapware dialer fighting with stock android.

running 2.2 leaked.
  3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

I have noticed the different sets as well - one set when my phone is locked and one set when it is unlocked and the screen is active...
  4. yang.joonyong

yang.joonyong New Member

ive noticed that the button comes up when the phone is being used (like browsing web, playing games, looking around in market) and slider comes out when the screen is timed out or when ever your screen is locked.
  5. DRMMR02

DRMMR02 New Member

Hm. I have not really paid attention to whether it's one for when the screen is locked, and one for when it's active. If that is the case, perhaps it's so your phone cannot be answered accidentally when locked? Though with a capacitive touchscreen, could it even be answered in your pocket, etc?
  6. scf

scf Member

Yeah, same thing here. Kind of amusing trying to slide the buttons and you hear "Hello?"
    "Hello?"
  7. DroidX101

DroidX101 New Member

I have noticed that when your screen is unlocked, you will get the rectangles. if youre in standby, or locked, you will get the slider. I may be wrong, but for me it seems like this is true.
Search tags for this page

android slider button