Another app like swype?

Coots

Reaction score
First I'd like to say, I had swype installed... worked GREAT, then I rooted my droid, somehow I misplaced the .apk for it... and now I can't seem to get my hands on a good swype install, so.. I'm going to have to try something different out for now.

I tried shapewriter out, it was not as good as swype in my opinion. I mean, honestly, swype is shoulders above shapewrite. Again .. my .02

So, is there any other apps out there that do the same thing? Wanting to try some out.

jhart15063

Reaction score
you can try SlideIt Keyboard Lite..im not a huge fan of the "swype to text" input style but this one worked pretty good when i tried it out

rustynail09

Reaction score
There are 2 others available.

as said above there is SlideIt and also ShapeWriter. SlideIt is a lite version for the free one, and shapewriter is just free all around.

hookerdj

Reaction score
do you want swype ill link you i cant give you the direct link but its close youll figure it out
ill go get it for you
here you go http://www.droid-life.com/downloads/
First I'd like to say, I had swype installed... worked GREAT, then I rooted my droid, somehow I misplaced the .apk for it... and now I can't seem to get my hands on a good swype install, so.. I'm going to have to try something different out for now.

I tried shapewriter out, it was not as good as swype in my opinion. I mean, honestly, swype is shoulders above shapewrite. Again .. my .02

So, is there any other apps out there that do the same thing? Wanting to try some out.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
If you can't find Swype, the paid version of SlideIt works quite well, and is available in the market.