Android2Cloud

Ryzor

Reaction score
A Firefox extension does not exist yet, but if you're interested, I could try my hand at making one.

--Paddy Foran

I really love this app, but as a Firefox user it would be really awesome if you did make an extension for it. I have been hoping for something like that since Chrome2Phone came out.

-Ryzor

I've gotten that request a lot today (Lifehacker just featured it). The next release is going to address security fears (secure connections, etc.), and the release following it is going to focus on expanding the browsers and devices you can use the service on. :)

-- Paddy Foran

Sounds great, can't wait. I saw it Lifehacker myself. Congrats on the great exposure!

paddyforan

Reaction score
I really love this app, but as a Firefox user it would be really awesome if you did make an extension for it. I have been hoping for something like that since Chrome2Phone came out.

-Ryzor

I've gotten that request a lot today (Lifehacker just featured it). The next release is going to address security fears (secure connections, etc.), and the release following it is going to focus on expanding the browsers and devices you can use the service on. :)

-- Paddy Foran

Sounds great, can't wait. I saw it Lifehacker myself. Congrats on the great exposure!

Thanks. It's a bit of a mixed blessing though; the app got over a thousand new users today alone. Even with a paid quota of 24.5 CPU hours, it's going to end up going over quota tonight, and going down for a few hours. Which is unfortunate.

--Paddy Foran

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use primarily Safari. I can switch browsers easy enough but a safari extension would be sweet.

This is not.an old thread. I think everyone should be made aware of this app. Its really.great.

Reaction score
I use primarily Safari. I can switch browsers easy enough but a safari extension would be sweet.

This is not.an old thread. I think everyone should be made aware of this app. Its really.great.

Ditto on the Safari extension for either Chrome2Phone and Android2Cloud. I may be a Droid guy but I love my Macbook Pro.

paddyforan

Reaction score

Ditto on the Safari extension for either Chrome2Phone and Android2Cloud. I may be a Droid guy but I love my Macbook Pro.

We're working on Firefox support at the moment. Safari MAY be coming soon. I'm not familiar enough with Safari plugins or extensions to promise that it's possible, but it *should* be.

--Paddy Foran

RoyR80

Reaction score
I just ran across this and I did do a search, didn't see anything on it.

Android2cloud works like Chrome2phone only in reverse. You put an extension in your Chrome browser and download the app to your Droid. You have something come up on your Droid (2.2 only) and you can have it transferred to your Google Chrome Browser on your computer.

I'm uncertain as to whether or not this is available for Firefox, but it works great with Chrome.

Here is the link to install on your chrome browser for the extension.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/hkelgkihphkegiaagbcgglfidabmgkgp?hl=en

You can find the app in the market.

Hook, can we get a QR here? ;-) plz and thx

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
img.php

Hope this is what you were looking for.

paddyforan

Reaction score
Any update on a Firefox extension?

Sorry, it's still in the early stages. It looks like it will be waiting for the Channel API to be rolled out to our development server, simply because it doesn't make sense to write it twice. I don't currently have an ETA, because Google doesn't have a Channel API ETA, but as soon as I know something, I'll spread the word.

If you want to follow updates, you can follow the blog, Twitter account, or Google Group. If you're interested in getting your hands on the Firefox extension as soon as possible, and don't mind testing buggy builds, you may be interested in the beta group.