Android OS draining Battery

jrod237

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

For the past five days my battery has been dying super fast! My Adroid OS has been using approxiamtely 93% of my battery lately! I didn't add any new apps. Just today I added a task killer and that helped bring down my Android operating battery use to 89%. I think there might be a rogue app or bug or surveillance app running. How can I find out? I've had this phone almost two years and it's been AWESOME up until this started happening. Please help! I've googled about this and all the threads I've found didn't have any explanations or resolutions for this problem.

Reaction score
I found that clearing the phones cache helps for me. Hard to say though for each individual case. I've had that happen a couple of times...one time it just ended up fixing itself. I've been good for months since then. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bobd27

Reaction score
Try Android System Info. It should tell you which apps are using battery. I found a Capital 1 bank app was constantly trying to sync.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Fisher1648

Reaction score
I'm having the battery drain problem with my Droid X as well...depletes from full charge to 15% in about 4 hrs while not being used. This just started.

Battery Useage info from the Battery and Data Manager (from Settings) reports that the Android OS is consuming 90% !

I installed the Android System Info app and when viewing the Tasks it indicates the "Total CPU Load: 100%" all the time - even when the "MEM CPU%" values add up to only around 5 to 20 % total ??

I dont see that any apps are excessive at all ?

Any idea why the CPU load could be maxed-out when no apps seem to be doing that or am I misinterpreting that displayed value ?

I suspect that is my battery drain problem....

Also, I installed App Cache Cleaner, cleaned the app and browser caches and am running an app killer too. I installed a brand new battery (fully charged) with same results as above so that probably rules out a bad/old batt...

Thanks in advance, Eric

Fisher1648

Reaction score
I'm having the battery drain problem with my Droid X as well...depletes from full charge to 15% in about 4 hrs while not being used. This just started.

Battery Useage info from the Battery and Data Manager (from Settings) reports that the Android OS is consuming 90% !

I installed the Android System Info app and when viewing the Tasks it indicates the "Total CPU Load: 100%" all the time - even when the "MEM CPU%" values add up to only around 5 to 20 % total ??

I dont see that any apps are excessive at all ?

Any idea why the CPU load could be maxed-out when no apps seem to be doing that or am I misinterpreting that displayed value ?

I suspect that is my battery drain problem....

Also, I installed App Cache Cleaner, cleaned the app and browser caches and am running an app killer too. I installed a brand new battery (fully charged) with same results as above so that probably rules out a bad/old batt...

Thanks in advance, Eric

I decided to go ahead and do a reset through the Settings/Privacy menu.....Everything looks perfectly normal now..low CPU% and Android OS batt consumption is low. I'm guessing I had some form of malware or bug running.