Android Dissected: Editorial: Goodbye Sammy Note 2, Hello HTC One, Why I Jumped Ship

AndroidDissected

Authorized Affiliate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androiddissected.com

Hello, my name is Alex and I’m a Smartphoneaholic. The longest I have ever had a smartphone was seven months and that was back in the dark times of my Fruitphone experience. Just this year I have had a Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note 2 and Saturday I picked up the new HTC One. I realize I have a problem but am not quite sure how to fix it. But why should you care anyway? You all probably have the same problem as I do, so let’s just skip the Freudian psycho babble and get to explaining why I left Samsung and am now in the arms of HTC.
Before I get into the analysis and comparisons let me say this: Recently I have come to a personal (keyword there) realization that non-vanilla Android OEMs have improved and I no longer feel the need to apply a custom ROM to my device.

(Continue Reading @ Android Dissected)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Obviously the screen will be better on the HTC One. The pixel density is the reason. With the large screen of the Note 2, it spreads out the pixels much more on a 720 screen compared to the much smaller HTC One's screen running 1080p. That is just a difference in tech from when the Note 2 was new.

Now, this person is saying he is going to keep it stock and not rom it. Whats going to happen when Android 4.3 comes out or Android 5? HTC has been historically horrible with updates.

As for build quality, I'm sorry, but I don't have an issue with a polycarbonite battery door. Why...because first, I can get to the battery and because 99% of the time its in a case where you can't even see the phone casing. Also, if people think that matte aluminum isn't gong to scratch and look like crap, they are wrong. I have a coworker who bought one and let me see it. It does feel good. Lighter than I thought it would be.

The UI was crap. Sure, I can put Nova Launcher over it but you still have to deal with a lot of stuff with it. As for the S4, I hate its UI too. Custom UIs are crap. I hate all the bloat that comes on phones and all their custom apps like S-Voice and what not.

I'm not saying people can't choose what they want and buy it, but one good phone from HTC doesn't erase all their downfalls, and many are very big ones. *cough*Thunderbolt*cough*

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
I don't understand why teasers for articles on other sites are allowed to be posted in the News forum. This is not news. It is an ad to make people go to another site.