android 5.0 jellybean

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok so i was doing web surfing for kicks an giggles an found out that an android version 5.0 jelly bean is being release my thought is WTF they just released ICS aaaand we havent even begun to see it on our bionics so the question is. is this true that google is releasing this os an if so why are they releasing a new one so soon instead of just updating the current newly released one lol so can anyone help me wrap my head around on what google is trying to do thanks

daveocelott

Reaction score
Sorry thought the boss was coming lol. As i understood it jellybean was going to be released for tablets

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry thought the boss was coming lol. As i understood it jellybean was going to be released for tablets

really hmm must have missed that cuz i was like whhaaat how could they just release an os 4 months after ICS?

Lakilaulea

Reaction score

It should be for both phones and tablets. I don't think they'd merge versions (Gingerbread and Honeycomb) into one update (ICS) just to split them up again. Besides, I've read in several places that mention both Nexus and Jelly Bean. As for release date, Google has said they want to release one major update a year, and they're expecting an Oct-Nov release date for Jelly Bean, which would align with last year's release of ICS. It's not Google's fault we're not getting the updates fast enough to our phones. Hopefully we'll see ICS before Jelly Bean's release, though.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
IMO, Google will release when the time is right. As the final consumers of these devices, we don't get a whole lot of say as to when "right" is. Supply chain management, legal agreements, code defects, design changes, fickle consumers, competitive pressures, the economy, floods in Thailand... They all have the potential to affect the release of our next beloved desert-named software. We can talk and guess about why VZ/Moto/Google should speed up the release cadence, slow down the release cadence, why they can't "just get 901 out there already!" or whatever the current crisis or pending change is. Hopefully, we don't get to wound up around the axle around things we can't really control. The post here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ean-will-definitely-not-come-before-fall.html should help clarify Google's thinking to some degree. In the mean time.. keep sharing all the great information on how to make the most of our Bionics...