Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, something went wrong there. I'd definitely start with a factory reset, but if that doesn't work, I'd say you're looking at flashing back to 4.4.4, then working your way up to 5.1 instead of skipping. That could be the problem, but I'm still hoping the reset will iron out the kinks that this has caused. You should be able to skip, normally, but since this was a major refresh, I suppose it's possible that that's the problem.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Even after the latest small update, I finally had to reset mine again because I was tired of the lag. These tablets are on their last leg and seem to be very finicky as each new update comes out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know it sucks, but either you set everything up again or you deal with the lag. Personally, I always choose setting things back up, because it's a short, temporary problem vs constantly being frustrated by poor performance.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Even after the latest small update, I finally had to reset mine again because I was tired of the lag. These tablets are on their last leg and seem to be very finicky as each new update comes out.
Reason why I haven't updated mine. Still on 4.4.4 lol

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Thanks for the input. I think I will flash back to factory 4.4.4 and go up again one step at a time. It will only take time and not a lot of effort if I do it before most apps update. I also did the Verizon update to 5.01 on my Note 4 as it was the only thing offered but worry a bit that it might have issues I haven't seen yet. I don't notice much change except the clear button on notifications is now on the bottom instead of the top. Wish that was not changed.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
OK I never had to do most of what I said I would. I did factory reset and cleared everything out (without reinstalling 5.1) and it seems to work pretty well now! Thanks for the input guys it was greatly appreciated. No one ever likes having to set everything up again but in my case I was not very far along in the process. Even connected Excel to my Dropbox, opened a spreadsheet and everything worked as expected. Weird thing was I have several online accounts that provide video. I had used (sideloaded) Flash before but this time they wanted a program called Hook to view the videos. checked it out and installed and it also works great. Finally happy :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Made a comment about my Nexus 7 in another thread, but ever since I updated to Lollipop, this thing is slow as can be. It does pick up speed after a few minutes of use, but man it's rough when it first boots up or if it's been idle too long.

Idle time is pathetic now too. I was at 85% about a day and a half ago, now it's at 23% when it's been just sitting practically next to the router.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Did you do a FDR after the update dez?
I've been holding off updating mine since its rooted, and likely won't anyways until I find a decent 5.0 rom I can flash.

S5 tap'n

nupur1

Reaction score
It is a first time that Android 5.0.2 really works on Nexus 7.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
It is a first time that Android 5.0.2 really works on Nexus 7.
As far as I could tell the 5.1 ASOP rom works about the same as 5.0.2 but solves several bad issues. The Nexus toolkit has the rom and will load it and also root and do anything else you might want or need.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Be careful updating the 2012/2013 Nexus 7's to Android 5.0+. A lot of owners are saying that the OTAs are bricking their devices.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Be careful updating the 2012/2013 Nexus 7's to Android 5.0+. A lot of owners are saying that the OTAs are bricking their devices.
My 2012 WiFi Nexus 7 has 5.1 and it didn't brick. It runs but my goodness is it slow. From turning onto the device to actual smooth use, probably about 5 minutes. Lollipop crippled my Nexus 7. Kinda regret putting it back to stock