Solved Android 5.0.1, Foxfi stopped working suddenly

ShouldveKeptiPhone

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-1545
I've had Foxfi installed on my S4 since I got it yrs ago, and it's always worked fine (I have unlimited data) until yesterday.

Went to turn it on like I usually do, & got the 'call to subscribe' message.

Nothing changed on the phone, can't figure out how to fix it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This happens from time to time..and it seems its happened to all foxfi users on vzw. It happened to me too, on my galaxy note edge. In the past, foxfi comes out with a patch to fix it..but not all the time..like for instance, moto phones are locked down and FoxiFi won't work on them. But Samsung and other devices..it usually works.

There was just a new judgement laid down on Verizon, I didn't get a chance to read up on it, but I think it's an extension of a few years back. They got into trouble for making us pay for the same data twice, but this judgment supposedly makes it so tethering apps will work on their networks.

I know none of this helps. All incan suggest is be patient and hope for the best. We all are.

alhadee12

Reaction score
I just read some information on this, did Foxfi allow you free access to the Internet or do it go against your existing data plan?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

alhadee12

Reaction score
I've had Foxfi installed on my S4 since I got it yrs ago, and it's always worked fine (I have unlimited data) until yesterday.

Went to turn it on like I usually do, & got the 'call to subscribe' message.

Nothing changed on the phone, can't figure out how to fix it.

I just read some information on this, did Foxfi allow you free access to the Internet or do it go against your existing data plan?

gbambach

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
All, I saw a few updates on internet that FoxFi is working again... I just tried it on my Samsung GS5 w/ Verizon unlimited data plan and YES, it worked!! By the way, I had filed a complaint w/ FCC about it on Nov 23. On Nov 25, Verizon called me to let me know they had received the complaint from the FCC and per the process, they would investigate and would copy me on their reply to the FCC. Not sure if this helped in resolving the FoxFi issue, but would certainly encourage all of us to report issue to FCC if it happens again.