android 2.2 issue

tek56

Reaction score
Hello again to all,

So, in my induction thread I mentioned I have about 10 Motorola droids that I handle for the office I’m at. I need some advice about the new 2.2 android update, all the phones have updated. 2 of the phones are having some major glitching going on. When I say glitching I mean just that, the phones start to open apps, pressing buttons, screen rotation with out touching the phone, screen rotation opposite from what it should be. Icons in the center of the screen don’t work and so on… With out going on a rant I will stop, I thing the point is there.

So, the question is.. Do I and how if so, do I need to reinstall 2.2 or revert back to 2.1? Has anyone else experienced this?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...73904-im-new-saying-hello-all.html#post765433

Thanks again for being here to help.

cromo8

Reaction score
honestly theres not much you can do yes you could try to reinstall but thats quite a process, have u tried a battery pull and restoring the phone to factory settings?

do they use task killers?

every phone handles the update differently, you as a I.T. should know that dancedroid

yes a lot of poeple have experienced your problems theres a new thread about people wanting to uninstall 2.2 every half an hour

theres a minor update thats supposed to come out soon should fix most of issues with bugs and whatnot

OP
T

tek56

Reaction score
cromo8

Yes, I have done a battery pull, just didn’t have time to do the restore yet. I have setup time to do so with one of the phones tomorrow. My other user wants to go back to 2.1, because he can’t listen to his vm sent from his office phone to his email anymore.

I will have to check, I know a few of them do use task killer. Why do you ask? Just incase I’m missing something..

That is the truth, I definitely know that.. lol I haven’t heard any grips yet from the others, I'm hoping things are good.

I have read some of the others that had issues with 2.2.. Its good to know I not going crazy.

It would be nice to see a fix for it.. It does run good and has better corporate email and calendar options

cromo8

Reaction score
trust me its a great update to your devices, apps 2 sd, full flash support, like you said better corporate emails, faster and better performance (in most cases)

haha well the update is rumored to be coming soon like i said, and im gonna guess that a factory reset might help the phones but thats a "might"

the reason i asked about task killers, is due to the fact that task killers have been proven to do more harm than good, uses more battery since its constantly on, and it interferes with the phones natural ability to manage its tasks and applications, they have proven to slow down the performance of the phone over all as well

OP
T

tek56

Reaction score
That’s awesome about the apps 2 sd… yes, the flash support is great as well.. Seeing that’s one thing I like a little more with the incredible at the time, it already had it.

I will be finding out about the reset soon enough..

One thing I never really followed about people using the app killer is you can turn off the apps with out it. I haven’t used it and really didn’t care for it when I saw it.

Thanks for the info cromo8..

OP
T

tek56

Reaction score
The reset worked very well.. now I just hope that the new update gives back wav file access.

OP
T

tek56

Reaction score
So, sad to say... I'm wrong :icon_evil:, that was hard to get out. The reset did not work, i'm getting new phones sent for replacements. hopefully they are going to be fine.

cromo8

Reaction score
sorry to heard that, did you brick your phone?

OP
T

tek56

Reaction score
nope, i told verizon that I did the factory reset and they said ok. I have two new droid 2 or Incredibles which ever come first for replacements. They said they didn't have the regular droid in.

bgbldodge

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues. Mine was duing the multiple app opening, screen spaz, etc. thing with the 2.1 software as well as the 2.2 software. One verizon rep said it was due to the screen being a heat sensitive touche screen and if it got to hot it wouldn't work. Really darn annoying trying to type an email when it suddenly starts typing random letters and opening stuff. Tried a hard reset today and nothing.

echo52

Reaction score
honestly theres not much you can do yes you could try to reinstall but thats quite a process, have u tried a battery pull and restoring the phone to factory settings?

do they use task killers?

every phone handles the update differently, you as a I.T. should know that dancedroid

yes a lot of poeple have experienced your problems theres a new thread about people wanting to uninstall 2.2 every half an hour

theres a minor update thats supposed to come out soon should fix most of issues with bugs and whatnot
I had to do the battery pull twice, after that everything is well. I do not want to go back to 2.1. I love 2.2. :)

echo52

Reaction score
I had to do the battery pull twice, after that everything is well. I do not want to go back to 2.1. I love 2.2. :)