Android 11 Beta

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I saw that the Android 11 Beta is now available for most all Pixel phones. Anyone already in, or planning to install it?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Welcome to forum...yes running good here and a few others here running latest beta

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw that the Android 11 Beta is now available for most all Pixel phones. Anyone already in, or planning to install it?

Welcome to the Forum. A few of us are running the 11 Beta (maybe more that haven't posted anything yet) and seems to be OK. As with any beta software there might be a few minor glitches here & there, but it seems pretty smooth & polished at this point with Beta 3.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I joined the Beta 3 group. My 4XL is running just fine, so far.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was changing my wallpaper this morning and decided to edit my current home screen style too. I noticed that somewhere along the way, maybe Android 11, Google added some new icon shapes to the Style section. Cool!
2db0f669881e601b3937cceee6d0850f.jpg

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I was changing my wallpaper this morning and decided to edit my current home screen style too. I noticed that somewhere along the way, maybe Android 11, Google added some new icon shapes to the Style section. Cool!
2db0f669881e601b3937cceee6d0850f.jpg

That looks nice a bit different

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just noticed that Google removed the built-in File Manager app with Android 11. I already had Files By Google installed, but just noticed that the File Manager app is gone. After a quick search I found some articles confirming this; apparently Google is going with Files By Google with Android 11.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I just noticed that Google removed the built-in File Manager app with Android 11. I already Files By Google installed, but just noticed that the File Manager app is gone. After a quick search I found some articles confirming this; apparently Google is going with Files By Google with Android 11.

Nice find ... I’ve always used root explorer for my files

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone else experienced the swipe up for Recents bug? Where you go to swipe up & hold to access the Recent app list, and absolutely nothing happens? It's just unresponsive. A reboot fixes the issue, and then it returns a few days later (or a week or so). It's happened to me about 3 times lately. It's in the list of beta reported issues to Google, and assigned to the dev team. I submitted a feedback report also, just for the heck of it. The more that report it should make sure Google is aware.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Has anyone else experienced the swipe up for Recents bug? Where you go to swipe up & hold to access the Recent app list, and absolutely nothing happens? It's just unresponsive. A reboot fixes the issue, and then it returns a few days later (or a week or so). It's happened to me about 3 times lately. It's in the list of beta reported issues to Google, and assigned to the dev team. I submitted a feedback report also, just for the heck of it. The more that report it should make sure Google is aware.

I've not seen it yet ... I've been rocking with the Note lately but will keep an eye on the next switch ..

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Found another issue and reported it to Google. The Canon Print app crashes when trying to print something saved to the phone, or when trying to scan. I received error messages about not being able to access local storage, followed by the app crashing. I verified all permissions, then even uninstalled & reinstalled, which prompted me for "Storage" permission and I enabled....the app still crashed. Google bumped up the priority on my bug report and it's a duplicate of the same issue reported by other beta users. At least we know Google is actively working on these bugs in beta and trying to make 11 as smooth as possible before it rolls out to everyone.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
So, when the official Android 11 is released, do we Beta testers automatically receive it, and the beta version goes bye bye? And, are we automatically released from testing?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So, when the official Android 11 is released, do we Beta testers automatically receive it, and the beta version goes bye bye? And, are we automatically released from testing?

If I understand what I read (and I could be mistaken) we get a final update to the official version and then we are no longer in the beta program.