Android 11 Beta

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A reference to the movie Spinal Tap? I haven't had access to 11 yet in order to check it out:)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Ha! Maybe? I hadn't thought of that. Anything is possible with Google and their dev team. . Here is what we are talking about. It starts with a blank dial and if you spin it it goes to 11 and then a small smiley face. So maybe a reference to the movie?
4ca7186c76e0f32204b8da1a9d1c3399.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

SeanD_CO

Reaction score
Ha! Maybe? I hadn't thought of that. Anything is possible with Google and their dev team. . Here is what we are talking about. It starts with a blank dial and if you spin it it goes to 11 and then a small smiley face. So maybe a reference to the movie?
4ca7186c76e0f32204b8da1a9d1c3399.jpg

That would be my guess. In the movie Nigel Tufnel makes a big deal about how the dial on his amps go up to 11 while everyone else's amps only go up to 10. So therefore his must be louder because 11 is one more than 10 :)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone else experienced the swipe up for Recents bug? Where you go to swipe up & hold to access the Recent app list, and absolutely nothing happens? It's just unresponsive. A reboot fixes the issue, and then it returns a few days later (or a week or so). It's happened to me about 3 times lately. It's in the list of beta reported issues to Google, and assigned to the dev team. I submitted a feedback report also, just for the heck of it. The more that report it should make sure Google is aware.

This issue ^^^ happened to me again today on the public Android 11. And as before, a restart fixed it. Hopefully Google is working on a fix.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
This issue ^^^ happened to me again today on the public Android 11. And as before, a restart fixed it. Hopefully Google is working on a fix.

Let's hope so ..I've not experienced any hiccups yet

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
This doesn't have anything to do with the beta version, but how many of you routinely keep your screen brightness at its max, or do you let it automatically adjust? Just curious.

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
This doesn't have anything to do with the beta version, but how many of you routinely keep your screen brightness at its max, or do you let it automatically adjust? Just curious.

I never use the auto, I keep it about 80%.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I use adaptive brightness and let it adjust automatically.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

I leave it on adaptive brightness and adjust as needed as sometimes it keeps it too dim