AMD May be Recruiting Android Developer Talent to Make Future Android Tablets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AMD-Logo.gif

This is obviously going to be the year for tablets, and it looks like that AMD is wanting to get in the game as well. Sources at DigiTimes indicate that AMD is putting feelers out to recruit some Android Developer talent in order to develop their own Android-based tablets, notebooks, and netbooks. Perhaps AMD's Fusion APU coming to Android in the future is becoming a possibility.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via SlashGear

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really who wants to but anything with a AMD processor in it? Is this going to be any different with Android Tablets?

rcjames

Reaction score
Really who wants to but anything with a AMD processor in it? Is this going to be any different with Android Tablets?

Why not? Amd is a top of the line in processor market including their motherboard chipset. It just that many people is against because of intel.
Intel you pay twice then the price of amd. So if you want a fast cpu to
match intel you simply pay less with amd then get same quality. Now Intel
is better for sure. My quad I can run 4 window 7 virtual machine without
feeling the slow down on main system. I am happy that amd took over ati.
So intel you pay twice to match the performance with amd. I built computer
for years since the very early 1990's. Amd never let me down.

rcjames

Reaction score
Oh by the way. My quad i'm over clocking from 3.4ghz to 4ghz each core. My processor is rated to 7.9 in performance menu.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
AMD does have good processors. I abused my old Athlon XP 2500+ by overclocking it over and over and over and it never quit on me. I loved it. A CPU is a CPU, whether its AMD or Intel, it better do its **** job.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok. I guess AMD just has a certain stigma attached to it. You guys probably have more experience with processors than me, so I will take your word for it. Pentium is usually better at multitasking though right? I had read some negative speculation about the APU I believe on Engadget, but one can't believe everything that is written there as they have been wrong often.

rcjames

Reaction score
Ok. I guess AMD just has a certain stigma attached to it. You guys probably have more experience with processors than me, so I will take your word for it. Pentium is usually better at multitasking though right? I had read some negative speculation about the APU I believe on Engadget, but one can't believe everything that is written there as they have been wrong often.

Well amd can do it all. Like I said I can run virtualization it's beyond multitasking.
Just put this in head no matter what processor you get either Amd or Intel
it is good enough just be smart when it comes to what you're selecting.

IanG

Reaction score
Oh by the way. My quad i'm over clocking from 3.4ghz to 4ghz each core. My processor is rated to 7.9 in performance menu.

Pure core speed =/= processor speed.

Core speed, cache, processor architecture and MANY other factors = processor speed. Using your windows rating to judge performance is laughable at best.

There is a reason Intel is #1 and AMD has been trying to play catchup for the last few years.

rcjames

Reaction score

Pure core speed =/= processor speed.

Core speed, cache, processor architecture and MANY other factors = processor speed. Using your windows rating to judge performance is laughable at best.

There is a reason Intel is #1 and AMD has been trying to play catchup for the last few years.

Well duh but how do you want me to tell this type of things to noobs?
beside I can run four window 7 with aero running plus first person games under one host pc. And beside intel can not do catch up when it comes to low $$ best performance. Intel my opinion is just waste of money when it comes to getting more bang for you're money. For this intel is ****. I have over 10 different server on my network they do just okay.

Beside you pay less then 300 dollars on amd 6 core for that performance you pay around what 500- and up dollars on intel? That just stupid. I rather spend on intel for something good and expensive for a server.
People will always talk trash if they never used amd. If nobody has had
a taste of the newest processor from amd then they are blind. One of their cpu is fast as i7 and price is less then 300 if not 200 dollars.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
AMD processors have the same speed and reliability as Intel and for a lower price , of course Intel has the fastest processor on the market right now , at some point AMD had the fastest processor but that doesn't mean nothing because there aren't to many people willing to pay +$1000 for a processor , they won't pay half that much for a full desktop . For midrange CPUs AMD is damn good , Intel has prestige because it has the fastest but not to many can buy it . It's like Volkswagen who's making the Bugatti Veyron for prestige and also has Lamborghini and Bentley but that doesn't mean a Jetta will do 250 MPH

rcjames

Reaction score
AMD processors have the same speed and reliability as Intel and for a lower price , of course Intel has the fastest processor on the market right now , at some point AMD had the fastest processor but that doesn't mean nothing because there aren't to many people willing to pay +$1000 for a processor , they won't pay half that much for a full desktop . For midrange CPUs AMD is damn good , Intel has prestige because it has the fastest but not to many can buy it . It's like Volkswagen who's making the Bugatti Veyron for prestige and also has Lamborghini and Bentley but that doesn't mean a Jetta will do 250 MPH

Thanks for the truth.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have been running AMD processors for over 10 years now. Every desktop I have built and my laptop all sport them. Never an issue.