After rom install double text notifications

jonesj198

Reaction score
Did a wipe data/cache and installed the newest rubix rom. Followed by bigdx theme. I am getting notifications from two different text apps. The apps installed on my droid x for texting are: messaging (green messaging icon), and text messaging (themed icon). Im assuming both the apps are running and notifying me at the same time.

How can I remove or uninstall the messaging app (green icon)

Thanks!!!

TWong1200

Reaction score
No need to remove either. Just turn off the notifications in which ever app you don't use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

jonesj198

Reaction score
No need to remove either. Just turn off the notifications in which ever app you don't use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

heres the thing is that there isnt any seperate location to turn them off. Tried settings, going into messaging app then hitting the menu button and settings, and tried going into text messaging app then hitting the menu button and settings. When you hit either the messaging app or text messaging app they take you to the same system text messaging.

I dont have any third party software installed such as handcent or chomp.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
go to the messaging app and disable notifications and auto retrieve.

sephtin

Reaction score
Did a wipe data/cache and installed the newest rubix rom. Followed by bigdx theme. I am getting notifications from two different text apps. The apps installed on my droid x for texting are: messaging (green messaging icon), and text messaging (themed icon). Im assuming both the apps are running and notifying me at the same time.

How can I remove or uninstall the messaging app (green icon)

Thanks!!!

BigDX put back themed versions of some of the apps when it was installed. The one the theme usually puts back is /system/app/conversations.apk, try renaming it to .bak using Root Explorer (You'll need to remount /system to RW before you can rename it)...

Hope this helps!

ArmyDude

Reaction score
If you remove conversations.apk, you will no longer be able to do MMS messaging. That goes for sending or receiving MMS.

sephtin

Reaction score
If you remove conversations.apk, you will no longer be able to do MMS messaging. That goes for sending or receiving MMS.

Hmm, interesting. Conversations.apk doesn't come with Focused 0.5 at all.

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
i had this problem and this is what fixed it:

downloaded Root Explorer and mount system (rw/ro) from market
open up root explorer
go into system
go into apps
in upper right corner hit button mount R/W so it changes to mount R/O
Rename Mms.apk to Mms.bak

no more double text

sephtin

Reaction score

open up root explorer
go into system
go into apps

no more double text

Mms.apk IS the one that came with Focused. So renaming the one that came with the ROM would keep the themed one.. *shrug*.. makes sense.

With themes, they usually replace .apk's with themed versions... So some tweaking may be required.

OP
J

jonesj198

Reaction score

open up root explorer
go into system
go into apps

no more double text

Mms.apk IS the one that came with Focused. So renaming the one that came with the ROM would keep the themed one.. *shrug*.. makes sense.

With themes, they usually replace .apk's with themed versions... So some tweaking may be required.

I renamed the conversations.apk and that worked but left me with the green messaging icon not the themed one :( oh well I guess. I tried renaming the mms.apk to bak and that didnt do anything for me. Would trying a different rom with a little more blur on it be a better idea for themes? maybe zapx? any ideas for a great rom to use bigdx theme? thanks guys this place is awesome