ADW Launcher SLOOOOOOW!!!

Big Lou

Reaction score
All I hear about the ADW launcher is how FAST it is... well, I don't see that at all. Every time I back out of an app and go to my home screen I have to wait like 10-15 seconds before ADW loads all my icons, widgets, and apps in the drawer. I'm running CM6.0 RC2 and overclocked to 1200mhz.

Anyone else having issues with ADW?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have 7 homepages with a TON of widgets using ADW and theres no lag

but I have a DroidX

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I think its a kernel thing. I was running ADW with Chevyno1 1ghz kernel had the same redraw issues, I chose a faster one and it went away.

Now I'm testing a P3Droid low voltage kernal (max 1.25ghz) and I've got it clocked 125-1000 and am having absolutely NO issues whatsoever. Flipping through screens is fast/smooth and have not had a single redraw.

OP
Big Lou

Big Lou

Reaction score
Wow, I switched to a chevy kernel... what a difference. My droid's overall performance is through the roof!

Bateluer

Reaction score
All I hear about the ADW launcher is how FAST it is... well, I don't see that at all. Every time I back out of an app and go to my home screen I have to wait like 10-15 seconds before ADW loads all my icons, widgets, and apps in the drawer. I'm running CM6.0 RC2 and overclocked to 1200mhz.

Anyone else having issues with ADW?

I saw the same problem under the CM6 RC builds with jdlfg's 1Ghz kernels. I switched to Launcher Pro for the time being.

Dr01d

Reaction score
Wow, I switched to a chevy kernel... what a difference. My droid's overall performance is through the roof!
I stumbled on this thread yesterday and I have to say that I found similar results by switching kernals as well! I was on Chevy's 1.1 and just bumped it up to the 1.25 kernal and all my problems vanished!

bje1982

Reaction score
Do you have the set cpu widget? I know that have a lot of people lag including myself. Try removing it if you have it .

Also do you have persistant mode on?