adding more contact shortcuts

danielvor

Reaction score
Hey all,
Thanks for all the help I feel so lost with this phone. How do I add more contact shortcuts? Thanks!

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by "contact shortcuts"

im assuming you mean adding contact shortcuts to your home screen??

long press(press and hold) on your homescreen>choose "shortcut">scroll down to find "contact">choose contact.. DONE

sanjosedave

Reaction score
I have a Motorola DROID2. The home page to the right of the main home page came stock with what are named "Contact Shortcuts" in the "Getting Started" brochure that came with the phone. I somehow managed to set 2 of these up to link to 2 of my contacts. One shows the contact picture with the word "Mobile" in gray below it. The other is a default blue contact graphic with the word "Mobile" in gray below it. When I click on one of the contacts it immediately places a voice call to that contact. When I click on the other contact another window pops up with 3 rows, the first has the contact name, the 2nd has the contact mobile phone number, the 3rd is a check box with "Enable one-touch calling for this widget". (If I try to check the box on the 3rd row, nothing happens.) I've searched online for several hours trying to find a site that describes how this widget works. It does NOT seem to be equivalent to what was described by Starscream above in this thread.

If I add a contact using the method described by Starscream, I get a different looking icon - a gray box (no photo for the same contact above that had a photo) with the contact name in a black bar below. Clicking on the contact yields different results than for the original "Contact Shortcut".

How do I find out about the original Contact Shortcuts? How do they work? How do I modify what happens when I click it? How do I add more of them?

Thanks,
Dave

prtsmgr

Reaction score
sanjosedave is referring to contact quick tasks.

To add contact quick tasks to any home screen:

long press(press and hold) on your home screen>choose "Motorola widgets">choose "Contact quick tasks"

Next you select a contact and you will be able to choose up to 2 quick tasks for that contact, or you can select later.

After the widget is created, you have the option to enable one-touch calling or not.

Any of the Contact quick task widgets can be resized by a long press and then dragging the frame around the widget until it is the size you want.

If you make a mistake, just drag the widget to the trash and create another one.

robotoiscool

Reaction score
i have a droid 2, and i know how to put the motorola widget for contacts but i would rather just a shortcut so i can actually look at the contact. when i select the contact that i want to have a shortcut for, after a few seconds the shortcut is made. the problem is that the picture of the shortcut is of the next person down in my contacts. the name is right, and when clicking it, it goes to the right contact, but no matter what i do i cant make the correct picture show up for the contact shortcut. any suggestions?