A way to unlock phone without having to press button on upper right?

Parafly9

Reaction score
My wife just picked up this phone last night. Is there a way to unlock the phone without having to press the button first? The two-step process is kinda onerous.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Download Screen Mode Widget from the Market. It has three settings - normal (lock phone and dim screen), selective-sleep (dims screen but does not lock - whatever you were doing when the screen dimmed is right there), and stay-on (keeps screen from dimming OR locking)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's an app called Screen Mode Widget in the Market that will allow you to bypass the swiping action to unlock. You still have to press either the top button (power button)..... or the volume rocker or camera button. These 2 other buttons, with Screen Mode Widget, will unlock the phone.

If you do a search of the forums you can find myLock. It's in alpha stages but it also bypasses the swipe screen.... and then it's only one button, the power button, to unlock the phone. 1 press. Simplified! I highly recommend this app. It's not in the Market FYI.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
There's an app called Screen Mode Widget in the Market that will allow you to bypass the swiping action to unlock. You still have to press either the top button (power button)..... or the volume rocker or camera button. These 2 other buttons, with Screen Mode Widget, will unlock the phone.

If you do a search of the forums you can find myLock. It's in alpha stages but it also bypasses the swipe screen.... and then it's only one button, the power button, to unlock the phone. 1 press. Simplified! I highly recommend this app. It's not in the Market FYI.

+2:icon_ banana:

Guurzak

Reaction score
Or, you can just slide open the keyboard, which also wakes up the phone.