A few small complaints

silverfang77

Reaction score
Overall I like ICS. it is a polished OS and I love having the extra icon space in the dock. However, two things:

1. Battery life is horrid. It seems to drain by 20% after only 30 minutes off the charger, this with normal use.
2. I can no longer set a custom ringtone to play when the timer reaches 00:00.
3. I miss being able to tap the Home button and jump to one of the other home screens.

redneckben

Reaction score
I can't help with two and three but one I would suggest doing a factory reset cause my phone had the same problem now its awesome on battery life. I usually get about twelve hours or better out of it now

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Does a factory reset break root?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

zertsman

Reaction score
I installed swichit to turn off the 4g radio... back to normal

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I did the factory reset and reinstalled my apps. The battery is maybe a tiny bit better. However, after two hours away from the charger, I'm still down to 50% with normal use (checking Facebook, Twitter and Google+). One thing I noticed yesterday vs today was yesterday, the main process draining my battery was Media and today it's the Display. I've set my display for auto brightness. Hope that will help.

bearhawk426

Reaction score
My battery life seems to be better with ICS. I have shut off the GSM radio, but otherwise have left things alone. When I unplug from the charger in the morning I check for a few message and such then turn on Waze (navigation) for the hour+ drive to work. In gingerbread I would have about 70-75% battery by the time I got to work. With ICS I have 80%. Screen is on the whole time as well as bluetooth. The drive has both 4g and 3g reception areas.

Jim

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Would disabling the GSM radio help?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Benton

Reaction score
Disabling the GSM radio should help battery life as the phone will not be on the lookout for qualified GSM signals. ICS enabled the GSM radio and after installation defaults to Global mode. Switching the network mode to LTE/CDMA will disable the GSM radio and the device will work fine within the US since the GSM carriers in the US are 'blocked' from use anyway. Remember to switch to Global or GSM mode if traveling out of the country where a CDMA signal cannot be used for roaming coverage or if using another carrier's SIM.

Reaction score
I have noticed that apps hang up more. Just to write a reply here and after checking rage of bahamut,and facebook it just locked up then i reboot the phone. And sometimes handcent hangs bad. Granted i hadn't restarted the phone since the update. Any ideas about correcting this