Task Break Timer for Gear 2, Neo and S

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
4825b6b6fdbc08c168c7c055d9e98a78.jpg

$2 on Samsung app store.
Timers are a dime a dozen but what if you want 2 different times in sequence, such as study time and break time.
What I got this app for was when kayaking and bicycle riding I tend to push myself until I burn out and end up limping back to my starting point or finish point. I've never been one to take breaks at work, at play or study time and it isn't always the best thing to not do.
Yesterday it was 98f in the shade when I set out in the kayak in direct sunlight (phone in dry case gave over heat warning before I left that it was 136f so I had to shut it off even though it was on but sleeping so no pretty pictures of the geese today) and I was paddling for a destination and not a timed one. The destination was about an hour out and it was an out and back so 2 hours of paddling meant I was going to need to take some breaks at some point. This app was exactly what I needed to keep from pushing myself further than I should without stopping. I set the first timer to 30 minutes and second to 10 minutes. At 30 minutes I was about a minute from passing under a bridge so I hit the pause button until I reached the bridge, dropped anchor and rested in the shade for 10 minutes. It wasn't easy staying relatively still for that long but it worked out great because I got the other half of the trek done in under 30 minutes and spent the extra time until the timer went off splashing water on myself as I played in the water at the outcrop my destination was, getting nicely refreshed. I also tapped the pause button on the break timer and just had some fun hopping rocks and getting my feet and legs soaked.On the return trip I made it to the same bridge in under 30 minutes so I paddled around just prior to it until the timer went off, spent the 10 minutes under the bridge. At this point I knew taking those breaks was a smart thing to do. I made it back to my truck for the second half again in under 30 minutes so I paddled around the dock some before landing the boat. Yeah I was soaked and hot but not dragging and half dead feeling.
Anyway the app can run in the background, like I was using S Health for the mapping and checking my heart rate more than normal because it was so hot, or can be left in the foreground and that keeps the screen on. Tap home button and it keeps running but screen will go to sleep like normal, saving battery. It has pause and resume for each timer, times can easily be renamed, has a repeat on or off setting, vibrate or not and tone or not. Color changing if the fonts was ludicrously simple, just tap the color in the graph and it shows a preview above. I went from white to the color in the screen shot while in direct sunlight so I could get the best color for direct sunlight without guessing.
There's no companion app for the phone, it's totally standalone
Here's a few shots. I set each timer to 15 seconds in one shot for illustration.
e538bb81b9daa062d1cf5ee4c5d0ac8d.jpg

0d5d4bb88aa510671c16ae4a0cc6c326.jpg

6fa15fcdf82d80053adead05fa27c04b.jpg
17115870526de53452d198886a672a11.jpg

8a3bf9cf7a462a2a691db354a0553051.jpg

6b88086a5956cca31562c9b82431ee7d.jpg

615c76ac833b374f5c16b660e0c7bc43.jpg

534a06b7a4b53ffd6df2c76bad82a04e.jpg

I got this app because the developer has 2 other free (no ads or other gimmicks) that work great on my S and are the only ones of their kind for total a standalone Bible app and a daily devotional app based on the Red letter verses.
I wanted to support the well done freebie apps and really didn't think I'd even use it until he emailed me and asked what I thought of it. I used to fire grilling dinner this evening also.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:
OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been guilty of forgetting to update this in a while but the developer has done several updates to this app including changing its name to Dual Timer.
It now has individually settable ringtones for each timer from a choice of 16 or the standard annoying digital beeps for a total of 17 choices. It might sound silly but I've chosen a turkey gobble and the sound of water bubbling across a rock for when I use the timers for cooking but when kayaking, bike riding or other exercises I revert it back to the stock beeping since its the loudest and most apt to get my attention . When kayaking if I don't get out of the boat at about 1 hour intervals my legs get woozy when I get out of the boat, not a good thing when trying to avoid going for a shallow swim.
He has also added the ability to have it automatically start the next timer, or not, with a settable wait time before starting between 1 and 15 seconds. Very handy to use when you want to just switch up to something else and not actually stop to tap your watch.
It also now has "sets" so it continues to repeat set timers or stop at just the 2 you've set, which I use most often. When grilling and using it I set it to keep going when cooking hobo dinners because they get flipped 1/4 each time and I set the times according to how hot the coals or fire are.
My favorite new feature, for battery savings, is when the timer starts the screen can be set to automatically dim or sleep. This not only saves battery but also I just wake the phone by tapping the home button and it goes home (timer still running I the background) to basically let me do anything in the foreground while the timer runs in the background. If set to continue it'll interrupt what I'm doing to let me know the timer has elapsed but then goes back to where I was with a swipe up then continues the next timer in the background.
Though this one started off as an idea for studying college students to know when to take a break and when to go back to studying, Tomy has found it's being most used for exercise aid.
There was 1 caveat that if you stopped the timer with under 10 seconds to go it'd cause set timers to revert to 00.00.01 and stop counting but it was fixed in the latest update this week.
With the S2 coming up soon this one could very well be a great addition to a much more stylish looking smartwatch than the S1 some of us currently enjoy.
bf3b2de666d126a6435f497fdedd48f5.jpg

07e2b842933557b423b38485a47a7bfd.jpg

c35c137f823b29c6c46ea3edb053fc15.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Rita0807

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
By any chance is this app still available?

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
By any chance is this app still available?
As far as I know it's still available . Look on the Gear Store. It hasn't been updated in a long time I do know for sure.