A CM7 user here...

Reaction score
I'm running cm7 and was thinking about switching to one of the other roms listed here, like hexen and git r done, can I install these the same sbf-free way like CM7 or do I got to do other stuff.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
I flashed from CM7 to Hexen so you should be fine.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
I would highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend that you SBF in between ROM flashes. But that's just the nerd in me talking.

OP
M
Reaction score
Alright, I'm going to ask some stupid questions because I'm still fairly new to this. If I don't SBF can I brick, or would only glitches occur? And on CM7 is vibration not supposed to work? I could have sworn it did work before then just stopped working out of nowhere. And everytime I flash a new rom I have to back up everything right?

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
(1)Back up yes,
(2)as far as sbfing...look up murphys law!
(3)cm7- who knows what could have happen...also see (2)

OP
M
Reaction score
Alright I did backup everything. wiped data/cache to switch to HeXen and everything worked out fine. I just have one more question, is there ANYWAY possible to get the social networking app back on my D2G after switching roms to CM7 or HeXen? I really miss updating to both facebook/twitter simultaneously.

clouse2013

Reaction score
Alright I did backup everything. wiped data/cache to switch to HeXen and everything worked out fine. I just have one more question, is there ANYWAY possible to get the social networking app back on my D2G after switching roms to CM7 or HeXen? I really miss updating to both facebook/twitter simultaneously.

Tweetdeck is a nice free app that does both.

Reaction score
To answer your question, no, you can't. The stock app is tied into blur... Removing blur was the whole point of the ROM. Tweetdeck is the most popularly suggested one I see, though (I hate twitter, so I have no personal experience with that app, sorry.)