A 855 question

stecle

Reaction score
I have spent about 20 hours trying to install an app into my phone. I require a specific Android App for my job so I purchased a used A855 off Ebay. The phone checks out fine.

I read the forum and I understand that I need to install a program called "Motorola Device Manager". I installed this program on my PC but it doesn't seem to really do anything. It appears in my tray after you install it, but doesn't load when you click on it. After you click on a couple of times it disappears from the tray and you have to reinstall it before it shows up in the tray again. When I look in my "add or remove programs" it is still there.

My phone did not come with a SD card. Do I need one to load an app? I have posted the App that I am trying to load below. I sincerely appreciate any help provided.

Android app released | DishPointer.com

Thanks

Steve

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Ignore the post above me, it's spam, if it's still there. You can find the app on the play store. Your best bet is to use a computer because you will have to enter billing information to purchase the app. From a computer, go to Google and type in "play store" in the search bar. Pick the first choice. In the search bar at the top type in "dishpointer" (no quotes) and the app will show up. The one I see is $19.99. Click install and it will tell you to log in. Log in using your gmail address and password. Select which device you want it installed on then click on install. It will send it straight to your phone. After you purchase the app, you will have only 15 minutes to use the app and be able to get a refund if it isn't what you are looking for. Hopefully your phone is able to run that app. Return here for any further help. Good luck!

OP
S

stecle

Reaction score
Ignore the post above me, it's spam, if it's still there. You can find the app on the play store. Your best bet is to use a computer because you will have to enter billing information to purchase the app. From a computer, go to Google and type in "play store" in the search bar. Pick the first choice. In the search bar at the top type in "dishpointer" (no quotes) and the app will show up. The one I see is $19.99. Click install and it will tell you to log in. Log in using your gmail address and password. Select which device you want it installed on then click on install. It will send it straight to your phone. After you purchase the app, you will have only 15 minutes to use the app and be able to get a refund if it isn't what you are looking for. Hopefully your phone is able to run that app. Return here for any further help. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. The thing is I already have the app on my PC in the form of a APK file. My employer paid for the app and emailed it to me as an attachment.

I appreciate your help.

Steve

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thank you for your reply. The thing is I already have the app on my PC in the form of a APK file. My employer paid for the app and emailed it to me as an attachment.

I appreciate your help.

Steve
then the fastest and easiest way to install it is to put the apk file on your phone. Use a file explorer to access the directory where you put the apk file and install it from there.

OP
S

stecle

Reaction score
then the fastest and easiest way to install it is to put the apk file on your phone. Use a file explorer to access the directory where you put the apk file and install it from there.

How do I get my phone to communicate with my PC?

Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How do I get my phone to communicate with my PC?

Thanks

You can plug your phone to your pc via the usb cable or you can try an app called AirDroid that connects over wifi. I think a few of the file explorers do the same but I forget which one it is

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD