4G Signal Issues?

RJT185

Reaction score
For any of your fellow D4 users who have friends/relatives/coworkers with other 4G phones: Do you find your 4G connection resetting more often than theirs? Do their 4G devices seem to have a better grip or grasp of the 4G airwaves?

I can't say it is a constant issue but I've noticed under certain location environments or under certain temperature conditions my radios go dead, we're talking not eve 1x is available. Each time I experience this 10 to 15 second hiccup I look to others with VZW 4G devices and they're speeding away in their data consumption.

I'm not sure if I have a faulty unit (doesn't really feel that way) or if the Droid 4 is just a tad more finicky reception wise. I just wanted to see what the overall experience was out there.

Thanks Yinz!!!

Husker991

Reaction score
4G issues on all VZW 4g models

I have a Bionic that I've been using since October and I have constant issues with no data connection. It seems to happen most when I have gone from a 4g coverage area to a 3G coverage area or 3G to 4G. If I just stay in a 4G area all day...no hiccups. Some fix was supposed to solve this in November and it didn't do anything. I'm constantly yanking by battery or going into airplane mode trying to get a connection back. It's going to take a big fix from Verizon and I don't think they have a clue about it yet.

Too bad because my data speed is incredible.

fireman00

Reaction score
I've had my Maxx for a week and twice, Wed and Fri, my 3G dropped and I had no data for hours. Calls to Verizon's desk didn't help, they said the phone is provisioned correctly. I tried "data toggle" and "restart connection", with no luck. On the way home I go through a 4G area and the phone picked it up fine. When I left the 4G area 3G picked up with no issues.

r314bd

Reaction score
I don't have any problems with my 4G connection, but I live in the center of a big 4G market