4G outage?? and Question about my IMEI number

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There's a way to see if you're having a network issue.. while you were inside the vzw store, check the display models, see if they had 4g or 3g. :)

Vzw is so unreliable when it comes down to network issues... its irritating. If you're an educated user, then chances are very good that you know more than they do. Its unfortunate :(

I've reported 4g outages, just to be told there's no issue, just to see a tech working in the shed of the tower, and have 4g come back...

Today, they offered me a different device lmao.. I was like... really??? You can have my maxx when you pet it from my cold dead hands lol.. unless you're offering me a razr HD... which of course, she wasn't lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

blake28

Reaction score
So I went to Verizon today and told them I was dropping data more frequently than ever. I asked the rep if there was any 4g outages in the area and she stated to me that she knew of no outages at all. So she threw another sim card in my phone as well, and the service was literally worse than before. After 15min of playing with the phone, she called their tech support and they told her that they are experiencing 4g outages and that they are aware of it and they are working diligently to fix the network, and she was sorry that there was nothing they could do for me, but if it doesn't clear up in a few days, for me to bring it back in.

So....This is where I'm standing, I now have a sim card that's giving me worse reception than I had before I walked into Verizon. Go figure! LOL!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

equake

Reaction score
This is a VZW issue as long as CDMA continues its lifespan for 3G. I have had multiple data dropissues inthe past.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
tz34mb said:
Same issue here...tried the update, failed, restored to GingerBread...no 4G since I tried this on Saturday, and based on what you said, just check and mine is unknown as well. I wonder if there is a way to fix this??

Well I'm glad that it's not just me. Can anyone else check there imei number? Not asking what the number is, just wondering if it says anything.

I checked a couple phones and they said 4g but one workers went from 4g to 3g to nothing lol. Meanwhile the guy right next to her never lost 4g. So who knows.

tz34mb

Reaction score
Scott!!
Good news! I was pretty frustrated yesterday so I did a factory reset and still "unknown"...became more frustrated....so I tried the ICS update again...this time it installed properly and the number is back and so is 4G!!

The one thing i did different was after the first cache erase, I rebooted then went back in and did cache wipe again and began install, and worked like a charm!

Hope that helps!!

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
Scott!!
Good news! I was pretty frustrated yesterday so I did a factory reset and still "unknown"...became more frustrated....so I tried the ICS update again...this time it installed properly and the number is back and so is 4G!!

The one thing i did different was after the first cache erase, I rebooted then went back in and did cache wipe again and began install, and worked like a charm!

Hope that helps!!

I thought about doing a factory reset but I've done one twice in the last week I don't feel like setting up my phone once again. If I don't get the OTA update by Saturday I'll try installing it again. I have a bad feeling I wont get it being that something is screwed up. As I type my data has gone in and out. That isn't normal for me. Not while i'm at work. When I tried it on last saturday it was before anyone realized that you should wipe the cache twice and try the install twice.

When you got it to work did you use the droid utility to do the install? Or did you just do it on the phone?

tz34mb

Reaction score
No, I did not receive the update through my phone...I had a similar feeling that without the IMEI number that maybe I would not get the update??. Nothing to base that on, but just a gut feeling.

Plus, the Verizon rep told me yesterday that the update could be rolling out for another month... at least! So I decided to ease my sanity, and instead of wondering if I should have already gotten it, that I would try the manual BLUR install again.

I actually was feeling ballsy and did it at work with no way to connect to my PC if something went wrong again!

After reviewing that thread one more time, one post addressed the fact that after the 1st cache clear to reboot then do the second cache clear. The first time, I did the clears one after another without a reboot. That is the only thing that I did differently, and like I said, I am now on ICS and both 4G and my IMEI number is back.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
I think I might try it again when I get home actually. I asked the guy who made the droid utility 1.7 a couple questions and depending on what he says i'll either do it or wait. I read in a few places that it should start today for the masses thats why I originally said i'd wait till Saturday to do the manual if I don't get it. I'll let you know what happens.

michaelbrownuc

Reaction score
I found a way to restore the IMEI Number / 4g. When running the utility v1.8, the last step asks you to press any key to clear the cache or exit the utility. Simply close the utility without clearing the cache.