Profaniter

Reaction score
I use foxfi all the time on my note 2 and I love it. I use it every day to hotspot my 2 tablets with my unlimited data fir hours at a time. Let me assure you, Verizon does not bill you for any of the usage (so long as you don't go over your data plan) and it runs very well on the phone. I would never use an app if it meant I had to give Verizon any more of my hard earned money than absolutely necessary. Lol. ;) I paid full price for my note 2 to make sure I kept my unlimited data so that I can keep using foxfi to hotspot my tabs. (I have no problem giving Samsung money)

Well I am deaf, I have unlimited data and unlimited text messaging plan without voice minutes.. All I am concerned that if you said it's still good to keep using the Foxfi app, disregard the Verizon's native mobile hotspot and enjoy the use of Foxfi, then it's okay? Are you saying that?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'd think you're safe with Verizon.. Plenty of 30 GB months around these parts... Lol

Noted 2x~4 beta

megraven21

Reaction score
Yes, it is perfectly fine to ignore the red hotspot symbol in the notification. I am attempting to add a picture of what my screen looks like when I have foxfi on. This is my first time uploading a pic on here so if it doesn't show up, I'll try again.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130527_232658.png
    ForumRunner_20130527_232658.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 190

megraven21

Reaction score
Dang, bk...you have me beat by about 5g per month. Lol Verizon always tries to tell me 95% of their customers don't even use 2g. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. ;)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've used some wifi more often lately.. I can burn thru plenty of GB without tether.. N2 replaces everything.. I barely get on the PC... Lol

Noted 2x~4 beta

Profaniter

Reaction score
Yes, it is perfectly fine to ignore the red hotspot symbol in the notification. I am attempting to add a picture of what my screen looks like when I have foxfi on. This is my first time uploading a pic on here so if it doesn't show up, I'll try again.

That is great! so it is safe to use the app and disregard the Verizon's native mobile hotspot pops up on the notification bar... I'm glad to know I am not the only one concerns here...

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Dang, bk...you have me beat by about 5g per month. Lol Verizon always tries to tell me 95% of their customers don't even use 2g. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. ;)

I'm due for an upgrade and while talking to the nice people at Verizon they gave me the same line. I bought my new phone to keep unlimited, and told them that "why would you want a smart phone and not have unlimited data?"
They seemed amazed that I use on an average 10GB, seems normal to me.:D

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2