4.0.4 official...where?

Reaction score
Download Titanium Backup..ROM toolbox..SetCPU..I'm sure there's a few more...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Hm, alright. Aren't all those paid apps though? I guess they'd be worth it since I'm really diggin this root thing..

Sent from my Gnex using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Geez, sorry. Doesn't matter anymore. I've unlocked, rooted, and flashed 4.0.4 to my phone. Everything's golden now. Thanks everybody!

What should I do now that I have root??

All of the 4.0.3 kernels work with 4.0.4 so start with that. Get a bit more snap and save some battery!

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Ok, so how do I do that? And some root only apps (Titanium Backup, AnTuTu CPU Master..) are telling me I don't have root privileges...what happened?
Can't get into recovery mode either...

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, so how do I do that? And some root only apps (Titanium Backup, AnTuTu CPU Master..) are telling me I don't have root privileges...what happened?
Can't get into recovery mode either...

4.0.4 broke root for me too. I just installed a deodexed 4.0.4 ROM with root cooked in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

hondaguy520

Reaction score
You have to download the su.zip and then root again using wugs root tool... ill get the link for directions in a second

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

ffactoryxx

Reaction score
I am on stock and downloaded Google wallet using the backdoor method. If I root my phone which causes the phone to wipe and reset will my nfc chip lock and Google wallet become useless? I read this a few places

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Not a hundred percent sure but if you do backup app+data I don't see why it wouldn't work

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Excellent! I'll check it all out when I get to my computer. I like the idea of just fixing the problem rather than starting over and flashing something else.
The 4.0.4 update, however, didn't seem to fix my service issue. Completely losing service put of the blue. It fix the 4g/3g hand off though..

prey

Reaction score
anyone have the link to 4.0.4 as well as what I need to do?

already unlocked and rooted using wugs tool.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
anyone have the link to 4.0.4 as well as what I need to do?

already unlocked and rooted using wugs tool.

Go here. Specifically, this is the ROM I'd suggest. This is the stock 4.0.4 leak that's been rooted and made into a flashable ROM. This includes the new radios. There are no other tweaks or mods.

Install it like any other ROM.
1. Download ROM; place it anywhere on your sd card; verify md5 (use this) - should be:e26ccc9d7722eff8ace158779e1e8519;
2. Titanium Backup;
3. Boot into recovery;
4. Make a Nandroid;
6. Factory reset;
7. Wipe dalvik;
8. Install from sd card;
9. Reboot
10. Set up
11. Restore

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Excellent! I'll check it all out when I get to my computer. I like the idea of just fixing the problem rather than starting over and flashing something else.
The 4.0.4 update, however, didn't seem to fix my service issue. Completely losing service put of the blue. It fix the 4g/3g hand off though..

Did you install the 4.0.4 Radios? The 4.0.4 ROM won't affect your service unless you have the 4.0.4 radios installed. I have used stock 4.0.4 ROMs and 4.0.3 AOSP ROMs both with the 4.0.4 radios and I have had the same service with 4.0.3 and 4.0.4.