3g hotspot and Ipod touch???

OrangeVW1984

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Fascinate . I am trying to connect the 3g hotspot to my I touch---it will connect but then it won't let me get onto any of the internet on the i- touch so obviously it really insnt "connected" HELP!

jellybean420

Reaction score
Try wireless tether on market. I've used that on my Droid 1 with my old ipod.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
O

OrangeVW1984

Reaction score
I downloaded it from the market...now it is saying barnacles requires 'su' to access the hardware! please make sure you have root access. I am not sure what this means!! I am new to this phone and wanted to listen to pandora on my ipod in my car through the 3g hotspot...I am losing my mind! LOL!:icon_evil:

jellybean420

Reaction score
How do I do that?

If ur new to your phone don't worry about rooting just for 3g hotspot. Best bet would be to just download pandora and run it off your phone then plug your phone in not your ipod. Its free on android market. Runs real nice too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
I downloaded it from the market...now it is saying barnacles requires 'su' to access the hardware! please make sure you have root access. I am not sure what this means!! I am new to this phone and wanted to listen to pandora on my ipod in my car through the 3g hotspot...I am losing my mind! LOL!:icon_evil:

Why wouldn't you just download the Pandora app on to your phone, eliminating the need for the ipod?

EDIT: Didn't see your post, Jellybean.

OP
O

OrangeVW1984

Reaction score
I wanted to have it in my car through the radio---I thought pandora had to run off the internet and I have the adapter for my ipod which I figured I could get the hotspot on my ipod in my car? or is there an easier way in the car?

huskur

Reaction score
Because i assume all his hook ups are for ipod as 90% of the mp3 market is "ipod" that way he has the entire car audio and just not a phone speaker. Likely does not have a port for his phone. Just a guess

huskur

Reaction score
My wife uses my wireless tether for her ipod touch all the time in the car on trips and stuff. Of course that does require root. Do a search and find the "how to " for rooting the fascinate. Once root is obtained then use google and search for "android wireless tether" and download the newest build