3G and signal bars changing color randomly. Gingerbread (2.3.595)

xmguy

Reaction score
The signal and 3g icon will show up white one minute then change to blue the next. Is there a known fix. Running 2.3.595 rooted and odexed.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

Shad0www

Reaction score
It's actually a feature of gingerbread not a bug :)

White means you don't have a fully dedicated connection because you're phone is still syncing with Google and color means you have a fully synced dedicated connection.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Cool. Is there a way to reverse them ? The white one is easier to see than the dark blue one.

Shad0www

Reaction score
Yeah if you're more advanced you can look through your framework-res.apk and find the images and just swap the names of the colored with the white images then push the framework-res.apk back.

If not ill see if I can find some time and make you a metamorph. What theme/rom do you have?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Yeah if you're more advanced you can look through your framework-res.apk and find the images and just swap the names of the colored with the white images then push the framework-res.apk back.

If not ill see if I can find some time and make you a metamorph. What theme/rom do you have?

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm using the GB 2.3.595 Odexed version. Stock style.

Shad0www

Reaction score
Rooted odexed I hope :p

In order to change the images you would need to flash the fully deodexed version of .595

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Of course. :) . I might be able to edit the apk if done in an editor and you can tell me what needs to be changed. Thanks

chrismang

Reaction score
Of course. :) . I might be able to edit the apk if done in an editor and you can tell me what needs to be changed. Thanks

You can find the image pngs in your framework-res.apk using winzip/winrar... Res/drawables-hdpi. Should be something like ic_stat_sys_radio.PNG. You may or may not have to edit the ones in SystemUI.apk as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Shad0www

Reaction score
You can't really theme anything unless you are deodexed, and by swapping images that's pretty much what you're doing. The changes won't take and you'll most likely get FC's like crazy or at least that's been my experience with odexed roms and trying to theme certain things.

Also you could do almost anything themeing related using metamorph, ninjamorph, silveredit, rootexplorer, astro, and picsay. No need for a computer :)

Sent from my DROIDX

chrismang

Reaction score
Yeah, so check if you're deodexed first by looking in system/app and system/framework. If you find any files with the *.odex extension then you're not deodexed..and I would not suggest trying to theme.
Otherwise you're going to need to download a deodexed version of 595... or wait for apex or liberty to port to 595

Shad0www

Reaction score
Yeah, so check if you're deodexed first by looking in system/app and system/framework. If you find any files with the *.odex extension then you're not deodexed..and I would not suggest trying to theme.
Otherwise you're going to need to download a deodexed version of 595... or wait for apex or liberty to port to 595

Yeah sadly he said he was running rooted odexed .595 stock style :)

Sent from my DROIDX