3 Things I need help with

Greek.

Reaction score
First of all, my uncle bought me this phone and I have no idea if its a RAZR or a RAZR maxx. On the back of the phone it says XT912, in the settings menu it says xt912 and RAZR Max. I read somewhere that the model number is for a RAZR, not a max.
Also the battery is **** so I'm confused.

Second how can I unlock the boot loader of above said phone?

Third I need to use the phone on us gsm networks, if anyone can point me to a link that would be great.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard

Sounds like just a Razr. More information would help for the other items like carrier and location. There may me some ways you can extend the battery life but again, more details would help.

newbroot83

Reaction score
First of all, my uncle bought me this phone and I have no idea if its a RAZR or a RAZR maxx. On the back of the phone it says XT912, in the settings menu it says xt912 and RAZR Max. I read somewhere that the model number is for a RAZR, not a max.
Also the battery is **** so I'm confused.

Second how can I unlock the boot loader of above said phone?

Third I need to use the phone on us gsm networks, if anyone can point me to a link that would be great.

1. If its vzw, then it would be a razr maxx. Most other carriers I am familiar with the nomenclature for the maxx is xt908. Send us pics of your battery life and include a pic of screen time.

2. If it is the maxx and you are on the latest update, you cannot unlock the boot loader. I was shown this in another forum and definitely stand corrected.

3. Im pretty sure without an unlocked bootloader you cant use it for gsm, but im not the brains. Im sure someone will see this post and correct me if/when im wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
G

Greek.

Reaction score
Sorry for the long response, here's the screenshot you asked for, leeshor.

Newbroot83, I can always downgrade. Can you point me to the link that tells me how to unlock?