3 hour old droid got the screen shakes :(

Inkog

Reaction score
I picked up a Droid X today at noon and within 3 hours the entire screen started to jiggle/shake verticly. I rebooted, removed the battery, nothing helped. The boot screen did it also, so i'm sure its a hardware issue. Never installed an app. I can't say for sure, but it happened after I sync'd music with the USB cable.

By the time I made it back to the Verizon store they were sold out. So i'm sporting an original Droid till they get more stock. Pissed but I guess it could of been worse.

Any word on if this is a common issue? My googling shows that the original droid had simmilar issues.

CrashF16

Reaction score
Droid X Screen shake and fail

Within an hour of having my Droid X, the bottom third of the screen started to jitter. I called warranty support, and they had me do a soft reset (remove battery and reinsert). That seemed to fix it for a couple hours. Then, the bottom half of the screen went totally gray with streaks of dark gray. No matter which way it was tilted, that side of the screen was unusable. I was on the phone most of a day, but finally the Verizon rep found a store nearby with one in stock, and I did an exchange. That store mentioned that they also had one returned for a similar screen issue. My new one works fine so far.

jacobin

Reaction score
Right out of the box

I had the jittery screen right out of the box. My was shipped fed x so I thought it had been bounced around since it only had one small bubble inside the box. By a couple of hours, the black was covering the bottom half of my screen. I must now wait for a new one to get shipped. I also have had a black screen in camera mode a couple of times then locks up only to reboot itself.

Potty Time

Reaction score
That is no way to treat our new forum members.

Last edited by a moderator:

Potty Time

Reaction score
We do not know if these people are trolls. There is no proof and as you know in America we view people as innocent until proven guilty. Show me some proof that these young men are trolling and I will then gladly insult them with you.

sic0048

Reaction score
Dude - that is totally inappropriate. You need to issue an apology and take a chill pill after that. Three different people reporting the same type of issue is pretty believable IMHO.

You know, not everyone is going to get a perfect DroidX or any other phone for that matter. That doesn't mean they are trolls or iPhone fanboys.

You shouldn't take it so personally when people have a problem with the phone.

EDIT - offending posts were removed by a mod. Nothing to see here.... move along.......

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
come on guys...lets reel it in.

People will and do have issues with their devices. Issues will always arise on new product launches.

It happens with EVERY device.

Thanks

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I've never heard that before. I don't think theres much you guys can do except ask for a new one. Sounds like the phone might have been damaged during the process of going from the warehouse to the retailers.

dbol

Reaction score
My original Droid just started with the screen shakes 2 weeks ago. I've had it since November 6th. Is the only option to replace it? It seems to occur only in humid environments. When the phone is kept indoors, I have 0 issues; however if I step outside for an hour or so, with the phone in my pocket, when I try to use it, it often goes haywire, screen shaking up and down rapidly. If I put the phone into standby and wake it back up, it comes back stable, until I try to touch the screen. However, if I pull the keyboard out and navigate with the D-Pad, it works great. The problem exists only when I touch the touchscreen.

Any ideas?

vernonator

Reaction score
Here are my issues with the screen

Mine did the same thing - random data point. I pre-purchased mine from Best Buy in Ankeny IA (Des Moines Suburb) and picked it up on release day. The salesman told me that of the 6 they got on release day mine was the 3rd returned with a screen issue - this was Friday PM.

BB gave me a full credit and now I am waiting for them to get a replacement, or may just call Verizon and order from them.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Here are my issues with the screen

Mine did the same thing - random data point. I pre-purchased mine from Best Buy in Ankeny IA (Des Moines Suburb) and picked it up on release day. The salesman told me that of the 6 they got on release day mine was the 3rd returned with a screen issue - this was Friday PM.

BB gave me a full credit and now I am waiting for them to get a replacement, or may just call Verizon and order from them.
Hope you get it soon, sounds like it's sold out everywhere.

gabeevans88

Reaction score
my Droid also does this but only when im plugged into the charger....Figured i'd throw my 2 cents in, Hope everyone gets things straightened out