3-4 seconds before ringtone starts playing?

liguy257

Reaction score
I've noticed at some point over the last few weeks (or perhaps since 2.1 update) that whenever I get an incoming call, my phone vibrates once or twice, a full 3, 4, 5 seconds before the ringtone kicks in... What the hell is that about? It's obviously not the end of the world or anything but I have custom ringers assigned to most people so if my phone isn't on me I can tell who it is... this is like "vibrate...vibrate...vibrate... ring". Kind of annoying.

Am I solo on this?

long john

Reaction score
Am I solo on this?

No you're not alone. I have the same issue. I also have an issue with assigned ringtones not functioning on occasion.

There have been fixes for this posted in other threads, such as changing the number of rings on the ro telephony file, but none of the fixes worked for me. Right now I am just living with it as a monor flaw in the phone, and hoping for a fix down the line.

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
at least I'm not the only one who finds it irritating. It didn't do this before which is why I find it so odd.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am I solo on this?

No you're not alone. I have the same issue. I also have an issue with assigned ringtones not functioning on occasion.

There have been fixes for this posted in other threads, such as changing the number of rings on the ro telephony file, but none of the fixes worked for me. Right now I am just living with it as a monor flaw in the phone, and hoping for a fix down the line.

This does work tho. I changed mine to 2000. if you look at it and it says 1 or 3000, then change it. I think you need root to do it tho.....

You can also try changing it to another ring tone and see if that helps. Some ppl had issues with the 'phone' ring tone.

Last edited:

long john

Reaction score
Am I solo on this?

This does work tho. I changed mine to 2000. if you look at it and it says 1 or 3000, then change it. I think you need root to do it tho.....

You can also try changing it to another ring tone and see if that helps. Some ppl had issues with the 'phone' ring tone.

Thank you Jroc. I will give this a try. Will report back with findings.

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score

This issue is annoying me again. Lots of things are annoying me lately with this phone so maybe that's why it's on my mind mind again.

Anyway, do you know if you definitely have to be rooted to make this change? If not, can you jot down the steps I'd need to take to do it? I'm hoping it's something like connected the phone to the PC, finding the file, and changing the name. If it requires root access then it's no bueno for me.

Thanks

Lenagainster

Reaction score
This issue is annoying me again.
Thanks
When you have a lemon, make lemonade..
There are apps that enable voice announce, so they speak the name of the caller. The problem I have run into with the app is that it speaks while the ringtone is playing. Difficult to hear. But if you have a delay in the start of the ringtone, perhaps voice announce will fill in the gap and you can hear who is calling before the ringtone.