2.3.4 update reversed my compass

eliot241

Reaction score
accelerometer controls work fine, downloaded smart compass and it shows correct directions. Google maps and Google Sky are reversed east/west. downloaded Skeye, same problem. Factory reset had no effect. is there anything I can do besides get a new phone?

mattdog

Reaction score
OP
E

eliot241

Reaction score
that's good/bad news

I realize now that a compass is fixed, if north is true then all other directions will appear correct. Tried SkEye and it too reacts backwards for east/west. Glad to get a reply that says i'm not alone but not so happy that such a glitch didn't get picked up and is still going on.

MontanaTom

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a Thunderbolt to a Razr and my compass is reversed, and I have 2.3.5 software. I've only found one app just called "Compass" where it reads correctly, but for all other fancier apps like GPS Essentials and Smart Tools and Dish Pointer Pro and so on... the compass is worthless! Any ideas, please let me know! I've calibrated about 10 times doing everything from the 3-axis turns to the figure 8's and outside of looking like a dork, nothing has changed! :)