18 hours with an Otterbox...

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And it already saved my $400 investment! Received a text message as I was walking into work, went to pull the phone out of my purse and it completely slipped out of my hands and landed on the concrete! I have NEVER dropped a phone before. Thank God I got this case! But now, I'm sad my brand new case is scuffed lol.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
B0B0 said:
Better a scuffed case than a cracked screen.

Absolutely! I got VERY lucky that I didn't drop the darn thing until the case went on. I was so paranoid the last week, not having a case lol

marleyinoc

Reaction score
My otter box defender (self modified for an extended battery) has saved me numerous times, now. I don't even gasp when I drop phone.

~Bionic .246 w/ SS3

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
marleyinoc said:
My otter box defender (self modified for an extended battery) has saved me numerous times, now. I don't even gasp when I drop phone.

~Bionic .246 w/ SS3

I modified my DInc case to fit an extended battery, but I'm not sure it would look as "normal" with the S3 since I've got the white one, and a purple Otterbox lol. Care to share pics/description of how you did it?

jamjr74

Reaction score
U get the defender or commuter?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

music life

Reaction score
Odd thing is I have almost dropped my phone bc of the case. My otter is kinda slippery in my hand. I wish it had some grips on the sides...

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
music life said:
Odd thing is I have almost dropped my phone bc of the case. My otter is kinda slippery in my hand. I wish it had some grips on the sides...

You know, I noticed the same. Maybe I will cut a few into it lol

music life

Reaction score
I need to find some solution. It slipped out of my hand today. Thank gawd it just fell on the carpet and not the tile... Or everyone in the state would have heard my screaming.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
Sorry, I must have turned too many settings off for notifications. Anyway, I'll take a pic, but I basically just cut the hard plastic out on the back.

The soft shell covers it and with a little effort it snaps shut.

The alternative it's to cut closer to edges of hard plastic, but then you have to be super careful taking it apart or will snap.

Also, I recommend using a charcoal lighter on razor knife to cut through. I spent many hours before deciding to do that. Oh, but do it outside with a mask or on windy day. That plastic is probably toxic--smells it.

~Bionic .246 w/ SS3

menudo18

Reaction score
Love my Otterbox defender I made a bike mount out of my belt clip. Several crashes latter and several black mountain bike trail latter my phone is damage free.