Zinc V2.1.3 Fascinate Rom (A Deodexed Elements Series Release)

Deodexed

Reaction score
[ROM RELEASE] Zinc V2.1.3 Fascinate Rom (A Deodexed Elements Series Release)

This rom is what I am calling a "zip rom" (non AOSP) Rom with some AOSP Apps. Once again this rom is not a built from source rom (AOSP), it was built from a ota.zip, (hence the phrase "ZIP ROM"). Most TouchWiz applications have been removed, except the ones kept in order to keep the Rom stable. Apk files have been deodexed, optipng, zipaligned and some apps are built from source. Shutdown animation was changed and a few ringtones were added.

Apps removed:
A lot!*
Apps were placed in /sdcard/extras/ folder:
puzzle_lock.apk
PowerAMP_1.0_build_68.apk Highly recommended application.

Thanks to all for the following below:
JT1134 for providing a solid base to work from (Clean D101 Base)
Gallery3d AOSP*
Launcher Pro Plus- Federico-http://www.launcherpro.com/
Superuser - Chainsdd
2.1 lockscreen - Wasupwithuman
file manager-Cyanogen
Ported Blackmod theme BY: Stanrc [MM Theme] Blackmod for Fascinate - CyanogenMod Forum themed version)
And everyone else that made it possible.

***Version 2.1.2 Change log***
Changed Rom naming convention so it fits the Android OS version. (preparing for Froyo)
Updated boot sound.
Added back default live wallpaper (ocean)
removed some /sdcard/extras
changed to the default mms.apk (for text messaging)
removed quadrant (get it from the market)
Boot animation is loaded when using a custom kernel. (Recommend JT1134 or Birdman's latest kernels!) Go to kernel section to get them.
A few more optimizations with the apps apk structure. (deodexed, zipaligned, optipng and what not) saving a little more space..

Version 2.1.3 Change log
Credit to the following:
Added Flipsoul's customized browser.(Chrome Icon)
Flipsoul's Changes include the following:
-Default Home switched to google
-Removed all default bookmarks
-Added Google as a default Bookmark
-Google Keyword Redirects (No vzw/bing)
-Appearance of Fascinate Browser (No grey URL bar, No cyan/black bar below Title Bar during loading)
-removed some really random strings/pngs for CNN and Facebook.

Power off options by tiger4life and untermensh
Adds reboot, recovery, Download option to shutdown menu.
Adde battery icon with precent.

Install at your own risk. Deodexed.com, *myself, and others listed are not responsible if you brick your phone.

Wipe data and Cache is strongly recommended.**If you receive any errors please do not post them without specifying what Rom or kernel you previously had loaded. If you DID wipe data and cache please tell us so we know you did. This will help give all of us a better idea of what we are working with.

Install instructions:
DOWNLOAD IN ROM MANAGER
Download Here
Download Mirror

Got to my webite for all information on this rom.

[Rom Release] Zinc V2.1.3 Fascinate Rom (A Deodexed Elements Series Release - Mod A Droid

skipper2651

Reaction score
Hey, I jhave installed the DJ05 radio update via Odim...but now my text messaging doesn't work with this ROM. Hope womeone can figure it out, it's my favorite ROM.

Jeff

OP
Deodexed

Deodexed

Reaction score
Hey, I jhave installed the DJ05 radio update via Odim...but now my text messaging doesn't work with this ROM. Hope womeone can figure it out, it's my favorite ROM.

Jeff

Sorry man, this is a DJ01 rom so you need to use JT1134 latest clean rom 0.8 rom that is a DJ05 rom with the matching DJ05 radio modem update. Its on rom manger now!

I might work on updating this rom, but I been busy working on the tablet stuff.

skipper2651

Reaction score
Ahh, OK, that IS the only thing that doesn't work, tho. Some of the ROMs have fonts that don't work well with my 59-year-old eyes...your newest one had all of the things I wanted, none of the things I didn't, and I could READ the damn thing.

Thanks so much for your quick answer.

Jeff