z4root stopped

goldwingnut

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and have been considering rooting for awhile now with a lot of apprehension. I've been reading everything I can find about this subject and finally decided to download z4root and give it a try.

Started it "permanent root" at 17:20, at 18:02 the little rotating circle stopped going round and round. Now I'm sitting here with a very sick feeling in my stomach.

I really do need some good advice...

Please Help...

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
did you install the apk then run it?
i find it works best if you install, restart phone, then do it.

OP
goldwingnut

goldwingnut

Reaction score
Pulled the battery, turned the phone back on, checked "enabled usb debugging" to make sure it was still enabled. Restarted z4root, has been running about 45 minutes now. Think I'm going to bed, got to get up at 4am and go to work. Will check it in the morning.

Thanks for your help. I'm a NOOB for sure, and will be asking more questions if I can't find answers in the search. This forum is a great place for info, a lot of good folks willing to help others...

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you might want to try and dl from a different link. Also do you have 1.3 version? You should make sure you have the newest version.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it runs for more than 10-15 minutes just pull the battery and try it again, it takes a few tries sometimes. If you end up needing a new apk there are lots of proven good links here: Z4root download links / Get your root on here!

OP
goldwingnut

goldwingnut

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I got ready to got to bed last night and decided to check it one more time, and hooray dancedroid dancedroid dancedroid, I'm rooted... Took about an hour.

After I got to work this morning, I purchased Titanium Backup Pro and backed up all system and data files... I'm loving this DX:greendroid: more everyday...

Brought my laptop to work with me today and tried the wireless tethering, working great, seems faster than my wireless AT&T DSL at home...

I was going to say this site "ROCKS" and it does, but actually it is the people that use this site. Lots of knowledge here, love :heart: it.

I have z4root version 1.3.0

downloaded:
Superuser
Droid X Bootstrap Recovery
Rom Manager - not so sure about using this yet
ShootMe
SuperManager

From what I reading, the liberty rom is well liked by many, may give it a try.

Any advice on other APPs to use...

Thanks again:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have some apps that I love. Here you go....

Quickclock....great app....calibrates to YOUR phone and tells you safe overclock speeds. Did wonders for my batterlife.

Appinstaller....I don't know if I actually need this anymore but I keep it for installing APK's that I can't get from the market

Astro file manager....wonderful app. Let's you copy, rename, move files and much more.

Beautiful Widgets....dude...just buy it. This app is insane....tons of widgets and plenty of customization options....LOVE IT. Best weather and widget app out there IMO.

APPtoSD.....great app. Notify's you of movable apps and moves em. What else can I say?

Droidforums app....because this site ROCKS!

Appbrain....gives you the ability to view your installed apps online...also allows you to push apps to your phone...apply new wallpapers from website that gets pushed to phone. Also VERY handy for replacing apps in case of phone replacement or wipe. Market sort of does this too but mostly with paid apps. Appbrain does em ALL. It also shows you how many apps you have installed, allows you to share your list with others, and even shows you how much you have spent on apps.

LauncherPro....great app. Gives you 3D app drawer, several home screens with ability to add to your dock bar....and tons of other customization options. MUST HAVE.

Mototorch....basically turns your phone into a flashlight with a very useful widget

Android Infiltration....just shows you how many people with your device are running Gingerbread...so far zero so I have nothing to be jealous of.

Arcmedia....media player for video's and doesn't require them to be compressed. I play 1.4g MP4's on my phone....talk about making idont owners jealous.

Phone Silencer....this apps is only seen when you put your volume to vibrate....it will pop up asking you when you want it to return to full volume.

Quadrant Standard....free app just for gloating about how fast your phone is. Basically runs benchmarks and gives you a graphical display of where you phone ranks against other popular Android devices....mine is always on top. :D

tTorrent....allows you to download torrents directly to your phone

Where's my Droid...this is an absolute MUST HAVE APP. lose your phone when it's on silent?....no problem...simply text key word to phone and it automatically sets your volume on high and rings for 5 minutes or until found.
FYI....ROM manager doesn't really work with the DX and D2's.

I can go on with more apps but I think that's a good start. I have 265 apps on my phone and use almost all of em....at some point anyway.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just to show you what quadrant does
0c99b823-d5af-7403.jpg

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2 using the DF app.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks....sad thing is I have tons more I could recommend. But I don't want to get overwhelming.