Z4 root.

kswift

Reaction score
How do you back up phone before rooting?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got rom manager and droid 2 bootstrapper and installed z4root and pressed the permanent root button and after it rooted I used rom manager to make a stock backup with clockwork. Rom manager has a one click backup current rom option that will make a clockwork backup. I also believe you can boot into recovery and go under "backup/restore" and make a backup also. I named the backup stock with the date of the day I did it. D2 bootstrapper can be used to boot into recovery and that is where you can access your stock backup if you ever need it. The only step of going back stock is after you flash the stock backup just go into z4root and click unroot then delete all the rooted icons so you won't have evidence of rooting on your phone. Hope this can help out. Btw I have used my stock backup quite a few times to reinstall roms if they act up but liberty v1.5 has treated me amazingly

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
K

kswift

Reaction score
How do you install new roms when you are rooted

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well you would reboot into recovery/wipedata/install .zip from sdcard/ and select the .zip file of your rom and install. Kinda a rough path there but for more details on installing roms on the X just do a google search of "rom install class droid forums" or you could visit the droid x roms/droid x hacks subforum here in the community. Subforum has all the info you would need to install the rom. I have the D2 but maybe someone with an X will post a detailed path on this thread if you don't want to visit the subforums.

OP
K

kswift

Reaction score
Sounds like alot of work

KHeeney5

Reaction score
It isn't. There is a guide to rooting and installing a ROM in my signature. Included with backup. Should take no more than 30 minutes to do all.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I can install a new rom and make a back up of the old and make a back up of the new rom in 30-45min and I have only been workin on the android OS for like 6 months. It sounds hard but its very easy once you read about it for a lil while. Feel free to post questions as you make your way through the rooting process and the process of installing a new rom. Someone is always here to help.

*edit*
If you look at the liberty rom subforum the developers give you a list of steps to follow for the install