YouTube upload question

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I was trying to upload a video yesterday and it was taking forever. It is about 8 minutes long and after 4 hours ( ? ) it was maybe 80 % done. I got busy and just canceled it, going to try later. But should it take that long? I never have uploaded anything before to YouTube ( have watched a lot of articles there ) and not sure what to expect. I am connected by cable modem to the net and was trying from my laptop, which is wireless. Have a Linksys E3200 wireless router and my upload speeds a few weeks ago when I checked was in the .9-1.0 Mbps range. Any comments?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
How many megabytes?
It was at 80% so atleast it was almost done..

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
How many megabytes?
It was at 80% so atleast it was almost done..

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Not sure but I know it wasn't over YouTube's limit. At work now and can check tonight. Spoke with a guy at work and he said should have only taken a few minutes.

Sent from my rooted D2 using Cyan Xparent DF app

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Did some searching and found it does take a while to upload. Just set it at night and let it go. When you get up, it is done. Uploaded one last night and have one going at home while I am at work.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Took me 45min to upload a one minute video via wifi last night - the router was two floors below so my signal was weak but I think it's the norm for uploading from a mobile device

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland

aceofspades

Reaction score
hey guys, I'm not a big techie, but its the format of your video. I did some research once when I was having to wait forever. What you do is load your vid to windows movie maker so it becomes that format, then load it to youtube and it will take a fraction of the time. try that.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I will try that next time. I got mine uploaded by letting it go over night.