Youtube not working correctly?

Mattte

Reaction score
Hello all, got my Droid a few weeks ago from Amazon and I haven't been able to get the Youtube app to work correctly, either over 3G or on my wifi. Whenever I start up a video the first 5 seconds or so play correctly then the video just freezes and the audio keeps playin...anyone ever have this problem? Its getting quite annoying, my video recording doesn't work either, whenever I record video I record and it seems to work but when I stop the recording it always ends in having to force close the application.

Is my phone possibly defective?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all, got my Droid a few weeks ago from Amazon and I haven't been able to get the Youtube app to work correctly, either over 3G or on my wifi. Whenever I start up a video the first 5 seconds or so play correctly then the video just freezes and the audio keeps playin...anyone ever have this problem? Its getting quite annoying, my video recording doesn't work either, whenever I record video I record and it seems to work but when I stop the recording it always ends in having to force close the application.

Possibly. If you're in your first 30 days I'd take it back.

If a video needs flash then Droid can't play those - yet. It's coming. But if your own videos are doing the same thing then something is wrong.

If you prefer not taking it back you can try a hard factory reset to see if this solves the problem. An app may be an issue, and if that's the case you may see it on your next phone too.

huskur

Reaction score

Known issue with YouTube. If you try several times you will eventually get a different server and it will work. It's not a issue with your phone at all

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Known issue with YouTube. If you try several times you will eventually get a different server and it will work. It's not a issue with your phone at all

Did you not see this part of his post?

huskur

Reaction score

Did you not see this part of his post?

HHMM???? I certainly over read that. No coffee yet......sorry.

That issue would constitute a return. Thats a given

OP
M

Mattte

Reaction score
Just an update for anyone with a similar issue, I ended up exchanging it for a new one and everything is working perfectly now. Thanks for the advice guys.

As a side note, Amazon was extremely easy to deal with. Called them Wednesday night (~6pm) and had the new phone in my hands the next day (~5pm), so kudos to them.