YouTube HQ issues after Froyo update?

mtdawg169

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with playing HQ video on YouTube after the update? Every time I try to play an HQ video, it lags and the audio & video are out of sync. Sometimes it won't play at all.

I did the manual install if it matters.

Thanks!

heres2life

Reaction score
Yep mine too youtube pretty much worthless. Unable to play some, others freeze. Sometimes it plays and the picture stops but the sound continues. In fact the whole phone is now sluggish and the keyboard is very laggy and turns off and on while typing causing you to click through links while it is playing catch up. Very bad update my Droid is sick:(

saria

Reaction score
I was prompted to do the update, and since then have been unable to watch any youtube videos without lagging, or audio continuing without visual. Also my camera freezes, and I cannot record videos to send in high quality, only low.

jaxson108

Reaction score
Any fixes for these problems gotem here to its like half the reasons I got the phone dosent work correctly after update

thebagel47

Reaction score
After the froyo update I can't even use youtube. It asks me to login my with my google account but says my passwords wrong, despite the fact that I've never changed it. Rather dissatisfied with the froyo.

OP
M

mtdawg169

Reaction score
I had the same login issues. I went into settings>accounts and deleted the youtube account saved there. Then I reopened YT and logged in, no login issues after that. I still have all of the other lag / freeze & "unable to play" issues though.

djspy

Reaction score
I'm still having issues with YouTube. Hell, I rooted my Droid to install a faster Kernel to no avail. What gives? Can I take the phone back to Verizon and get an exchange?

Btw, the new Kernel didn't help at all. ALL videos including Flash videos act the same as before. Could it be my phone?