Your general data speeds

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I'm having to turn off data for the rest of the month because I was having so much fun watching the needle hit the red zone and 20MBS on Speed Test that I forgot those 'tests' were adding up on my data.. I have unlimited data, but my monthly plan started 2 days ago and I'm already over 1GB of usage, that's why I'm going to turn off data for the month.

So just curious, what's your guy's data speeds? I was hitting consistent 18MBS/15MBS up and down speeds on 2 bars of 4G, I'm wondering what 3 or 4 bars does. I'm also thinking of going on a walk over the summer now, using the SpeedTest app to figure out where this 4G tower is, like a scavenger hunt.

ryanr509

Reaction score
Why would u shut data off if u have unlimited? I was in the Seattle are this last weekend and my best 4g speed was 19mbps down and 9.5mbps up with a 35ms ping and with 4 bars

whomhead

Reaction score
I'm usually in the 20 down / 10 up range here in South Bend, IN.

The fastest test result I've had so far is 43.6 down.

If you're unlimited, its silly to shut off your data. No reason to do so.
If you're really worried about it, just go all 3G for a while.

bobbyp

Reaction score
In Boise and surrounding suburbs I get 20 up and 15 down on a regular basis. My best was 38 which is very nice.

Reverse the up and down speeds...duh

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
My best is near the tower 27down 23up. On my side of Coronado I her 5-9down 3 up. We need another tower >.>

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Fonzz

Reaction score
I'm having to turn off data for the rest of the month because I was having so much fun watching the needle hit the red zone and 20MBS on Speed Test that I forgot those 'tests' were adding up on my data.. I have unlimited data, but my monthly plan started 2 days ago and I'm already over 1GB of usage, that's why I'm going to turn off data for the month.

So just curious, what's your guy's data speeds? I was hitting consistent 18MBS/15MBS up and down speeds on 2 bars of 4G, I'm wondering what 3 or 4 bars does. I'm also thinking of going on a walk over the summer now, using the SpeedTest app to figure out where this 4G tower is, like a scavenger hunt.

I'm thinking he meant "had" unlimited data, it's the only way the sentence would make sense...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
In San Diego, in the high twenties down and in the middle teens going up. But when I'm downloading an app from the <gag> Play Store, it's more like 5 MBps with bursts to 9 MBps and sometimes only 1 MBps. I'm getting those readings from the System app. I tend to think of Speedtest like Bonneville, great to show a top end speed, but you probably won't see it on the LA freeway during rush hour. I'm still able to steam a movie from Netflix, which is good enough for me.

I was hitting consistent 18MBS/15MBS up and down speeds on 2 bars of 4G, I'm wondering what 3 or 4 bars does.

AFAIK, the bars give the strength of the cell network (aka your phone signal) and nothing to do with 3G or 4G.

View attachment 50853

Last edited:

matjmonk

Reaction score
Im still envious of you ppl living in areas with 4G coverage! I have yet to experience 4g yet. Sucks but at least i have wifi.

Well, I have "sometimes" 4g at home and fairly solid 4g at work but no high-speed internet at home!! that seriously is a pain!!!!!!!