you CAN use pop up window for YouTube videos!

jwilly216

Reaction score
One small disappointment with the gs3 pop up video feature was that I couldn't use this feature for YouTube videos, only videos playing in the stock video player could be placed in the corner.

I JUST DISCOVERED THAT YOU CAN PUT YOUTUBE VIDEOS IN THE CORNER AND WATCH THEM WHILE DOING OTHER APPS SIMULTANEOUSLY!

Do you guys want to know how to do it? Honestly, did you think this was impossible?

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
I can't believe none of you care about this that's ridiculous

Last edited:
OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that nobody replied because this is important but here you go:
Go to the YouTube video from the stock browser, start it playing in portrait then press your haptic menu button and click the full desktop site and voila! It will now play the YouTube video in the native video player which contains the pop up button. Enjoy!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I didn't see this thread, I actually do think it's good to know!

However, I also can't figure out how to watch the video in HD on the pop out. I think it's just opening the video in the stock video player and letting you do it through there instead of the browser, so it just reverts to the lowest quality with no option to change it...

music life

Reaction score
I can't believe none of you care about this that's ridiculous

lol is it really that great of a feature? I mean how many people want to watch vids while playing games or doing something else? I woulda thought you'd be occupied doing one of the other.

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
music life said:
lol is it really that great of a feature? I mean how many people want to watch vids while playing games or doing something else? I woulda thought you'd be occupied doing one of the other.

I'm capable of doing both and quite enjoy the option to. :) :) =-O =-O :p B-)

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
STILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME EHHH HUT THIS DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE???I AM THE OP AND BEING ABLE TO DO THIS AND Show MY FRIENDS I COuld HAVE A YOUTUBE VIDEO PAYING IN THE CORNER was awesome but now..for some reason it won't work now. :(

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Well now I have found that it does still work just the one I was trying to do won't for some reason