You Can Now Unlist Your Number From The TrueCaller Data Base!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

TrueCaller is the semi-shady app that spreads the contact details of millions of people potentially without their knowledge. The way TrueCaller collects contact data is by copying the phonebooks of users who download the app and give it permission to do so. If you best buddy downloads TrueCaller and your number is in his phone book now TrueCaller has your phone number and name without receiving permission from you.

This is actually a pretty awesome tool when it comes to having numbers for those unknown callers, and can save your some frustrating moments like getting a call in the middle of family dinner. If you don't see the appeal of everyone else being able to access your contact information through the TrueCaller app there is now a way to unlist you number.

-Open the TrueCaller app, tap the menu in the upper left corner, go to settings/about/deactivate account
-Head over to the TrueCaller Unlist page
-enter phone number and correct country code
-choose a reason for unlisting you number
-and choose unlist

It is unfortunate that you have to go through all of this to protect your privacy. Once you have completed the process it will take no longer than 24 hours for you number to be unlisted. Has anyone tried this? Did you have success?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What happens when the next "friend" installs this app and approved their phone book download? If you've deleted yourself isn't this just going to populate your number right back into their database again starting the whole process over from scratch?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I used TrueCaller for a while when my free VZW caller id app trial expired (wasn't about to pay a monthly fee). It really is a handy app except that you run into issues like I did. My wife works at a doctor's office. She called me once and it said "Gram's Doctor". Apparently, that's how someone had it in their phone.

I don't mind my name being attached to my number when I call someone. However, I'm selective about who I give it out to, so if their database is searchable, I'd prefer not to be listed.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Never used the app. How do I know if I'm in it? I don't see a searchable database.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks