Xoom Speaker Dock and Keyboard

hcbrown1

Reaction score
Anyone get the speaker dock and bluetooth keyboard? Really curious what the quality of the sound is from the speaker dock and if it is worth the money.

Also, how about the bluetooth keyboard?

Thanks in advance.

Newton122189

Reaction score
Anyone get the speaker dock and bluetooth keyboard? Really curious what the quality of the sound is from the speaker dock and if it is worth the money.

Also, how about the bluetooth keyboard?

Thanks in advance.

heard that the speakers are on the back of the dock so its only good if you arent facing the xoom

as for the keyboard i heard it was good but not as nice as the apple wireless keyboard

i personally dont own either, but i do however own the apple wireless keyboard and i can confirm that it works with the xoom

motoconvert

Reaction score
I was looking at wireless keyboards on eBay. Found one for $20! No way am I spending $80 on a wireless keyboard that says motorola on it! I've given them enough of my money...lol

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

xxraffyxx

Reaction score
I got the keyboard yesterday. I love it so far you could save money and buy a universal keyboard but whats great about this keyboard is the android specific buttons.

Help me out and sub to my channel
Posted a video:
[video=youtube;DlgFEBdCjmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlgFEBdCjmI[/video]

I have the speaker dock coming tomorrow. Might post a video if there is interest.

Uncle700

Reaction score
Just got the keyboard from Motorola tonight and it is great. Has the special buttons to open apps.

milou6

Reaction score
Thanks xxraffyxx for the keyboard video -- very helpful. Do you haven one for the dock yet?

xxraffyxx

Reaction score
Speaker dock

[video=youtube;efO1_tcn898]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efO1_tcn898]YouTube - Unboxing The HD speaker dock for the XOom[/video]

This thing was a pain to first dock into place. I've since gotten better, but its still not very easy.

milou6

Reaction score
Thanks for the dock demo -- that's very helpful. Makes me think I don't want one!

PS subscribed

Last edited:

kennyc

Reaction score
I was looking at wireless keyboards on eBay. Found one for $20! No way am I spending $80 on a wireless keyboard that says motorola on it! I've given them enough of my money...lol

Will it work with ANY bluetooth keyboard?

xxraffyxx

Reaction score
So this dock is getting returned. It works good as a speaker, but bad as a dock. The final straw is the fact that when you try to remove the xoom from the dock, the dock will stay connected to the xoom. So now its a pain to put on and take off the dock.

I have a Jambox (from jawbone) and I'll just keep using that as my speaker.

xier

Reaction score
I was about to pick up that dock. I wonder how it compares to the non speaker dock.

Frankiebonez

Reaction score
I purchased the regular dock so I could just charge it. I was hoping it would work like my Droid 1 dock where it just sort of drops on it very easily and would put up a big clock by default. It doesnt do any of that... When placing it on the dock its a little difficult to line up, and the clock doesnt load up by default, which is hella lame!

Skip the docks on this device... for now!

perlmane

Reaction score
I have the speaker holder. Sounds really good.

motoconvert

Reaction score

I wouldn't see why not....bluetooth is bluetooth

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

milou6

Reaction score
I was looking at wireless keyboards on . Found one for $20! No way am I spending $80 on a wireless keyboard that says motorola on it! I've given them enough of my money...lol

I wouldn't see why not....bluetooth is bluetooth

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Bluetooth is bluetooth except on an iPad! It's crippled on iPads to just work with certain devices. My Xoom, however, will do file transfer and work with my macbook pro and PC, and seems to have full bluetooth support.