X battery help

teamfirestorm

Reaction score
I have had my droid x for a week and the battery only lasts 8 hours. I drained it and then fully charged it. Any help?

mkthnx001

Reaction score
8 hours is expectable battery life. If you're looking for more battery life, try some of these tips:

- Lower the screen brightness.
- Lower the screen time-out period.

There are many other tips/suggestions. Just search the forums for them.

OP
T

teamfirestorm

Reaction score
Expected? What? I heard that this phone was supposed to have a decent battery. That wont even last me a work day.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
The Droid X is a smart phone; 6-12 hours of battery life is usually the norm. Try removing unnecessary widgets, etc.

EDIT: Have a look at "Battery Manager" under the settings menu. This will let you choose between different modes such as "smart mode", and "battery saver". All in all this will turn off data once the device isn't used for a user-defined amount of time.

Last edited:

dulaney22

Reaction score
It's a good as it gets right now fire a smartphone. You need a blackberry if you need it to run more than 8 without a charge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
T

teamfirestorm

Reaction score
Like the screen widgets on home page. And my dad has a regular droid and it lasts atleast 2 days

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Like the screen widgets on home page. And my dad has a regular droid and it lasts atleast 2 days

Yes, the widgets on your home screens. Not all of them need to be removed; you probably don't even to remove them; just bump up any widget's update time. (weather widgets, etc.)

Also, did you check my edited post above about "Battery Manager"?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that your battery life will vary; if you talk on the phone for hours, or browse the web for hours, than you're sure to experience short(er) battery life.

Last edited: